"New & Improved" 3/5 kit.

Murdered24v

Dead Broke
Debating on switching up my current hx35/s475 for the new Aurora 3/5 kit. Price is somewhat comparable to other "bolt on" compound kits from other companies and ATS seems to have done their r&d i'm just curious to other opinions vs the competition. Iv'e only came across this kit installed on a 3rd gen and aside that haven't found much real world experience with it. I know most say they're "over priced purple turbos.." any helpful input weather or not to run the kit would be helpful.

I'm not looking to have the highest hp truck i'm looking for a nice street driver and a kit that will run well with my 6 speed. Iv'e already researched the BD tow twins and other comparable kits. They're not out of the picture but this 3/5 kit stands out to me. Running Westons 7x.011's and all supporting mods are done.

Thanks all.

What are you hoping to gain by switching?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

if it were me I would stick with your current setup

x2

The 3/5 kit is just an s300g over a k31 IIRC. ie. 57mm over a 71mm

You currently have a better setup IMO with the hx35 (56mm??) over the 75mm newer technology charger.

Problem with my current setup is the size of the 475. Being a 96/1.32 it's a little laggy to get it to spool. IMO it's also a large charger to be on a HOVP truck in general. The hx being a 56/60 is small for a secondary paired with that large of a box 75. I agree 100% the 3/5 kit is basically a s300g and k31 and I've debated on downsizing the primary to a 83/1.10 and swapping in a s300g, super b or s362 and it would most likely be a huge difference.

What i'm hoping to gain is having a nice quality setup with little to no mid range lag while not sacrificing higher rpm power. I appreciate all of your input and like I said it's just a thought on the ATS kit. The cost regardless of the warranty is a bit outrageous lol.

swap a k31, s472, of gt4294 in place of the s475 or downsize the hotside of your s475.

You will be much further ahead in the bank account any of those ways.

You could also use an S300G and a GT42, might be a bit cheaper than the S400 primary.

I've got an Aurora 3000/5000 combo on my 4BT and I'm super happy with how quickly it spools. It spools quicker then my old HE341/HX52 setup. I'd have no problems running that combo on any Cummins, especially now that the new kits come with the gated manifolds, external gates and all the piping done for you.