New injection system and still runs rough

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
Just got my truck up and running from sitting for three months from water in fuel.

Cleaned fuel tank, AirDog block, pick up/return lines, sending unit, new injection lines, new rail, new 85% II cp3, new 30lpm II injectors, new cross over tubes, flushed head and every thing you can imagine.

With the new FCA that came on the II cp3 is constantly blew white smoke and was over fueling with high rail pressure. Sometimes popped the relief valve. Swapped in a stock FCA and it cleared that up.

Idles fine and high end is amazing.

Mid range 13-1800 rpms at any throttle has a stumble. Like it's trying to Mis fire. Smarty is on SW 5, rail 2, timing 2, torque 1.

What does the RP do when it stumbles? What FP are you running now with the modded pump?

15-16 psi constant on the AD. Won't know rail until later today.

II says my fuel pressure is fine. No need for high pressure.

No codes. Valve lash is .010 & .020. Any ideas on the stock FCA causing this?

Check the crankshaft tone ring to make sure it's straight and also check the connector tubes for leaks, if there are no codes it's possible that you got bad injectors or internal engine damage. A bad FCA can not in any way create smoke at idle/no load unless there is an injector issue.

With the FCA from II my relief valve was opened and just pouring fuel to the engine. Threw a high rail pressure code as well. New stock FCA doesn't throw codes or make relief valve open or smoke at idle. Currently have stock FCA in and idek there is zero smoke.

Could be as simple as a less aggressive FCA cut.... my truck dosent like a real aggressive FCA and I had "similar" symptoms, John at Floor It worked with me on this and we tried three different cuts before we found one my truck liked.
Might call II and see if they can get you a different FCA cut.

I find it interesting that Floor-It and I.I. have FCA modding issues.

Easy there Lee...... not every truck is gonna like the same thing and its really not a issue if ya think about it, its just finding what cut certain trucks like!

It's a constant pressure pop off. I beloved they are capable of popping mulitiple times, correct me if I am wrong here. And the FCA is stock guys. No mods at all on the FCA in the truck at this Moment. II is sending the correct modded FCA to me and I should get it in a few days.

Easy there Lee...... not every truck is gonna like the same thing and its really not a issue if ya think about it, its just finding what cut certain trucks like!

We're talking about FCAs here, not smoke and mirrors. LOL

...With the new FCA that came on the II cp3 is constantly blew white smoke and was over fueling with high rail pressure. Sometimes popped the relief valve. Swapped in a stock FCA and it cleared that up.

It's a constant pressure pop off. I beloved they are capable of popping mulitiple times, correct me if I am wrong here. And the FCA is stock guys. No mods at all on the FCA in the truck at this Moment. II is sending the correct modded FCA to me and I should get it in a few days.

Your story doesn't make sense. :what:

Your story doesn't make sense. :what:

Alright let's try it again. I sometimes confuse myself too. No worry.

With the 85% II cp3 and the modded FCA the truck would make Max fuel pressure, throw higg rail pressure code, and pop the PRV and white smoke like crazy at idle all the way to WOT. This is after 45-50 mins if idle and drive time after install. It would belch the smoke.

The rail and PRV are from T&C. Supossed to be a constant pressure PRV.

Swapped in a stock FCA and all white smoke went away and PRV is closed and not popping off. Has a stumble from 13-1800 rpms.

The stumble is injector related, the white smoke is also injector related but low RP is making it worse than if there were no injector issue. Does that make sense? The II FCA is also faulty.

I'm understanding now. What steps do I need to do to fix this or anything I need to test?

Alright let's try it again. I sometimes confuse myself too. No worry.

With the 85% II cp3 and the modded FCA the truck would make Max fuel pressure, throw higg rail pressure code, and pop the PRV and white smoke like crazy at idle all the way to WOT. This is after 45-50 mins if idle and drive time after install. It would belch the smoke.

The rail and PRV are from T&C. Supossed to be a constant pressure PRV.

Swapped in a stock FCA and all white smoke went away and PRV is closed and not popping off. Has a stumble from 13-1800 rpms.

45-50mins is way too long. You probably hurt the injectors with that much pressure for that amount of time.

Back