New Intercooler from Black Widow Motorsports/Spearco

BIGRPOWR

SBTTFMF
this thing is huge. looks like it should do some serious cooling!

Attachments

• intercooler3.jpg
    intercooler3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 29
  • intercooler2.jpg
    intercooler2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 33
  • intercooler1.jpg
    intercooler1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 22
I saw their ad in Diesel Power Mag and was wondering about them. It looks like a nice piece.

Looks good but it is hard to beat the Banks intercooler that cost about the same and comes with better plumbing

Why does banks paint them black :bang :bang

Id rather have the Spearco :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Can't you chrome the tubes? or at least Powder Coat to your choice of colors prior to Installation?

You can but the intercooler is painted black :badidea: :badidea:

jpiehnik73 said:
Looks good but it is hard to beat the Banks intercooler that cost about the same and comes with better plumbing
Does the supposedly better plumbing make the IC more efficient??
IS the 7.3 banks ic kit on any fast 7.3 Ford Power Stroke?

if ya answered no to any of the above questions give yourself a pat on the back if ya answered yes sit back and start learning!!

BTW I don't think the Spearco is any better but I can tell ya which IC is the best:bigsmile:

Powerstroke Racer said:
Does the supposedly better plumbing make the IC more efficient??
IS the 7.3 banks ic kit on any fast 7.3 Ford Power Stroke?

if ya answered no to any of the above questions give yourself a pat on the back if ya answered yes sit back and start learning!!

BTW I don't think the Spearco is any better but I can tell ya which IC is the best:bigsmile:

Can I answer?

The Banks uses the same core technology as the stock unit. The DI and Spearco use a superior core technology, and much larger core.

The Spearco 6.0 core is 24 X 23 X 3.5.

Hopefully soon we'll see what the quickest Powerstroke is running.......:bang

bbunting said:
Can I answer?

The Banks uses the same core technology as the stock unit. The DI and Spearco use a superior core technology, and much larger core.

The Spearco 6.0 core is 24 X 23 X 3.5.

Hopefully soon we'll see what the quickest Powerstroke is running.......:bang

Bad BB Bad.
You know what the quickest 7.3 runs, a Big DIIC:evil

So what is it ????

The Spearco or What???

Please make it simple I need high flow to go with a Garrett BB and 70 Hp. Inj
Thanks Mucho..

LTJDS said:
The Spearco or What???

Please make it simple I need high flow to go with a Garrett BB and 70 Hp. Inj
Thanks Mucho..

LTJ

The Spearco 6.0 DWARFS the competition if you can fit it, otherwise the DIIC or Spearco 7.3 replacement would be a good choice.

Thanks

I am goin to research those options:ylsuper: THANKS for pointing me in the right direction.
\Can you elaborate on the clearence issues assoc w/ the 6.0? and the 6.0 is ref to their part # and not that if i could fit what is meant for a 6.0PSD and that I would need to retro my front grill.
Or the 6.0 is made br Spearco and that is their part name for that intercooler, which is not a direct bolt in regardless of the engine type.
And what is a DIIC ? Please ? ? ?
Thanks for the input ,,, lookin frward to your reply, Thanks Again.:thankyou2:

The Spearco 6.0 DWARFS the competition if you can fit it, otherwise the DIIC or Spearco 7.3 replacement would be a good choice.How or what does it mean "if I can fit it". Is it a simple matter of custom mounts? do you or anyone you know have a 6.0 in a 7.3 that can walk me through this maybe some pictures ????? ( I WISH ) anyway any other info that can help me understand what problems I may encounter ? ? THANKS..........ltj

Im also looking at buying an intercooler.....I was sold on the banks but truthfully I want the best..What does if it will fit mean

LTJDS said:
The Spearco 6.0 DWARFS the competition if you can fit it, otherwise the DIIC or Spearco 7.3 replacement would be a good choice.How or what does it mean "if I can fit it". Is it a simple matter of custom mounts? do you or anyone you know have a 6.0 in a 7.3 that can walk me through this maybe some pictures ????? ( I WISH ) anyway any other info that can help me understand what problems I may encounter ? ? THANKS..........ltj

The 6.0 Spearco will bolt into your 7.3-The only problem is with the intercooler tube on the passenger side. It is at least 2" too short to use the stock boots. There might be some tranny cooler relocation if yours is mounted below the factory cooler, as the 6.0 is longer.

The Spearco 7.3 drops in with no boot changes, but is not as large as the 6.0.

hey BBUNTING

Thanks for the specific input, Do you think the Boost Tube can be modified by an exp welder or is it a waste of time? Have you heard of anybody doing a custom install of a 6.0 on a 7.3 ? Thanks for the follow up.

Back