New Member Education

Cory151

New to the site, but been making the rounds in the 7.3 forums because I have a 2001 Powerstroke. I caught the diesel bug bad and I like to do things myself. So I got an amazing deal on a 12v 94 Dodge 4x4 auto, because it had a lien on it. My questions are.

1) Is there a way to know if its had the KDP fix? Or for that matter engine mods, fuel plate etc.

2)What would cause a speedo to read way high like double your actual speed, and fuel level to read zero with a full tank?

3) Wheres a good site to learn basics on these motors.

4) What trans is in this 47re? Should I be fear full of my trans?

5) There are a couple of random switches below the dash (under the steering wheel) Is one of these a lockup?

6) Longevity and reliability tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Attachments

• redtruck.jpg
    redtruck.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 13
Pull the timing cover and inspect the dowel to see if it is covered or not. On the top of the pump on the AFC housing cover there are 4 bolts. One is a break off bolt. If it's broken off then someone has most likely been inside the pump.

The tank issue happens a lot. The float might have been eaten away.

You're on the best site to learn everything about these engines.

That truck has a 47RH in it not the 47RE. Don't fear it, just build it if you plan on modding it.

Change your oil often and the fuel filter and just do the upkeep on the truck and it will last for a very long time.

just read alot to learn the basics and use the search button! it works wonders, as most new people just post a new thread with a question when it has already been answered in another thread. Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it!

One of those switches below your steering wheel is a search button switch :hehe:

welcome to compD

I tried my switch on mine and noting happend, but then I noticed that the wire's aren't hooked up:bs:

Pull the timing cover and inspect the dowel to see if it is covered or not. On the top of the pump on the AFC housing cover there are 4 bolts. One is a break off bolt. If it's broken off then someone has most likely been inside the pump.

The tank issue happens a lot. The float might have been eaten away.

You're on the best site to learn everything about these engines.

That truck has a 47RH in it not the 47RE. Don't fear it, just build it if you plan on modding it.

Change your oil often and the fuel filter and just do the upkeep on the truck and it will last for a very long time.

Thank you, have a good one.

Hey you dish it out you should probably be able to take a litte back. Something most men learn from an early age.

He's new...he doesn't know that this argument doesn't even register as cool yet ha.

Don't mind them if they don't want to read this and help they don't have to as for some on here we don't mind answering the same question over and over, Because even myself uses the search and don't find what i'm looking for. Heck I have had problem searching for post or thread of my own perform and just ended up clicking on my name and telling it to find all my post to find something I posted.