new motor at 100k

We have an '06 cclb auto. it has a bullydog intake and the rest is just how the factory built it, even has the muffler and number 5 and 6 injectors went out turned into cutting tourches and melted 5 and 6 pistons at 146,578 so we will be rebuilding in a few weeks and going back with ALOT of goodies!! ive been waiting to let that cat out of the bag and start my own thread but we dont have enough details yet.

After hearing that, wouldnt it be smart for me to go with some good aftermarket injectors at a 100k miles, im not sold on going with an auxiliary fuel filter system to save these stock injectors. It might be something where i go with a fass at the same time i go with after market injectors. People who run after market injectors-have you heard of them having any problems with them. "Detroit 60 series fun fact- the 07' model N3 injector life is 300,000 miles"

I'm all about fuel filtration. My next set up will be a Baldwin DAHL 200 Pre pump and a glacier diesel filter set up post pump. Never again will I run an AD/FASS with out a post pump set up like the glacier diesel twin filter.

im on my third engine at 73000 miles, one dropped a valve seat and took out a piston at
50k from pure abuse at 539 h.p., second one was gone before 57k miles at 649 h.p. becuase i lost an injector during a race and took out a piston/head/ and cylinder, the third engine is 748h.p. and still runs strong but im sure its time for a set of pistons because i abuse it bad but i am hardcore with oil changes and clean air filters. Injectors need really good filtration/good clean fuel/ and lay off the rail pressure cause 1 or two mpg doesnt cover the cost of repair

Bunch of CR that got motors under warranty here. I thought that was normal for guide/valve problems and broken rings.

is the valve seat issue something that is like the 53 block, after so many miles, dont really need to worry about it. Also, what are people doing when the valve seat drops, pulling the snot out of it, or starting it when is -10* and doing a hole shot, just driving leasurly down the road.

is the valve seat issue something that is like the 53 block, after so many miles, dont really need to worry about it. Also, what are people doing when the valve seat drops, pulling the snot out of it, or starting it when is -10* and doing a hole shot, just driving leasurly down the road.

I've often wondered the same. I done everything wrong with my motor and never dropped a seat.

I've dropped 4 on my earily 04. All were middle row exhaust valve. Never hurt anything except the valve. After being replaced once never had an issue with that cylinder again. I have since done just the center row exhaust valve seats on every hole, and haven't had an issue in almost 3 years. It's had probably 40 hooks and 40,000 miles since.

you do realize you can add a two micron filter between your stock filter and injection pump without buying a FASS OR AIRDOG
:bang

After hearing that, wouldnt it be smart for me to go with some good aftermarket injectors at a 100k miles, im not sold on going with an auxiliary fuel filter system to save these stock injectors. It might be something where i go with a fass at the same time i go with after market injectors. People who run after market injectors-have you heard of them having any problems with them. "Detroit 60 series fun fact- the 07' model N3 injector life is 300,000 miles"

rebuilding mine now at 158 due to broken ring dang thing better stay together after this

simple to build with a few fittings from local shop and fleetgaurd or baldwin base and filter . or if you just wanna buy the kit check out glacier diesel