New motor completed

pipewhiner

Well some of y'all know I had a leaky oil pan back in October. I pulled the motor and once out bit the big one did a full rebuild on it. This past weekend I picked her up at the machine shop and stuck it back in the truck. I painted it 466 blue just to make it think it was one of its big brothers lol.
I didn't go all out but here are the basics:

PSS .020 over rebuild kit
Heads completely rebuilt
Comp 910 valve springs
Smith Bros. Push rods
ARP Head studs and mainstuds
International up pipes

What I had before:

Garrett 38r
270 cc .0075 nozzled hybrids from Swamps who went through them will the motor was out
20* Hpop
homemade dual walbro fuel system
DI reg. return

It ran dang good before the rebuild but definetely needed it. Copper was starting to show on some of the bearing surfaces, had to punch it out .020 over to get the cyl walls cleaned up. The starter has to work a lil harder now with full compression lol.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...46972058pviZoX

If you dont mind me asking how much does it cost have the rebuild done. The reason im asking is that i have to pull my motor out this summer because of a leaky oil pan.
Thanks Chris

I used the forged rods.... They should last fine with the tuning and the HP level I normally run at.... besides the finance minister (wife) barely turned loose of the $$$$ I spent already. I said we'll just send the youngin to community college instead of Syracuse University lol

Back