New Motor

6speedsteve

Farmco Diesel
I have a question for those of you who are familiar with motor building of the cummins kind. I have a 2003 cummins with 200k plus miles on it and running twins and such. I dont have to rebuild it but i just want a project to start with before next years pulling season starts. Id like the motor to be streetable still but its making its way off the street. Mainly my question is what parts (specifically) would you recommend for a street/pulling motor to handle 800-1000 hp. Im open to pretty much everything right now cause im no where ready to start this yet but just wanna hear what you guys have to say about it.
thanks!

good girdle (pinned to the caps), studs, and 12v rods. Balanced assembly, coated pistons, good cam, hd pushrods, good springs, dual pumps, ported head, enough fuel and air.

Before getting to far along, a decent builds atleast 6k, a great build atleast 10. Just letting you know what youre in for.

When you have a great build for 10k let me know. Pumps alone cost you 3k turbo another 2k, valve train to withstand the rpms cost you about 2k, still have cost of machine work. Plus internals .... Just givin you a realistic idea for 800hp maybe..

Before getting to far along, a decent builds atleast 6k, a great build atleast 10. Just letting you know what youre in for.

short block maybe...

When you have a great build for 10k let me know. Pumps alone cost you 3k turbo another 2k, valve train to withstand the rpms cost you about 2k, still have cost of machine work. Plus internals .... Just givin you a realistic idea for 800hp maybe..

^this^

Motor alone is what Im saying. My fault for not stating that.

Last edited:
I'm makin 600hp with what I have now. And already 10k + into it. 9k into drivetrain. So I'm mainly looking at a build of just the block head internals. I got pumps already just haven't put the other on yet. The main reason why Im leaving as is for now is cause I drive to work and back and I live in billings mt and work in Williston north Dakota. So I can't afford to break down going to or from work. I'm working on getting another truck then the build will begin.

Thats a great plan! I have all too many guys coming in wanting 700+ HP and want it reliable all while its their only vehicle. Reliable costs money and takes time.

I'm makin 600hp with what I have now. And already 10k + into it. 9k into drivetrain. So I'm mainly looking at a build of just the block head internals. I got pumps already just haven't put the other on yet. The main reason why Im leaving as is for now is cause I drive to work and back and I live in billings mt and work in Williston north Dakota. So I can't afford to break down going to or from work. I'm working on getting another truck then the build will begin.

Im not putting salt in wound, but you should be making more then that with 20k into it.... we take stock trucks and make 550 with trans and tune...what turbo you running and or injectors.. pump?

S366/S475 with Hamilton street cam, stock pump, stock Bosch injectors with 110 hp tips. Smarty TNT R is the general build. Little extras. Only 60 psi Tho.

Drive train is so expensive cause I did an auto to g56 swap from an 09 with all new parts