new motor

randyswelding

im buildin a 91.5 ve motor and so far i got a super phat shaft 62/71/14 turbo,a set of 6x18 sticks, lookin at motor rebuild with 60#exhaust springs,port and polished,o-ringed head also decked,and an air dog system with 3/8"line from tank to pump,ats exhaust manifold,coolertubz and a ps cooler.my question is should i go with a new perfomance cam or leave the stocker in.id like to see 400+hp.any thoughts thanked

6x18s will be a little warm for a 62mm turbo! I would look at twins, a bigger single or smaller injectors.
If you are looking to spend the money on a cam use that money to buy a good primary for a set of twins. That is my $.02

how warm is a lill warm my 370s and a h1c stock turbo heat up to 1250 before 2400rpm so if its a lill cooler than that id be good then if my foot doesnt keep me in trouble,as for the cam i was just thinkin cause i put a purple shaft in my 360 gasser and that woke it up a lot,so i figured thatd be the same with the diesels

I would say put a came in it. I think the injector will be fine. May just have too tune some fuel out of it. VE's fuel pretty hard down low so working with the AFC will help it spool better, and help keep it cool. I Think you can hit your Goal with some tuning.

i was thinkin a silver afc spring and reinstallin the afc lever and groundin the foot off again like on this pump in the truck.i just dont know when to add a cam and i cant afford twins yet till i get out in a rig yard or pipe line some where

Usually that injector is used when going to a 14mm head and rotor to help relieve some pressure. The little VE pump dont make near the pressure as the p-pump so it takes conciderably more injector to make decant numbers, 400hp is not simple to make like it is with the p-pump but can be done with correct parts and tuning, even more can be made but the dependability of the pump goes right out the window... been there done that
Ryan