New NHRDA Super Street Record

NHRDA

Brian Spooner driving his 2002 GMC set a new NHRDA Super Street record at the BD Truckin Nationals on June 3rd 2012 at Mission Raceway

New Super Street ET Record is 9.90 ET

Congrats to Brian and his whole crew on making a great pass and backing it up with a 9.93.

thats moving for sure, no doubt who the record holder is, wonder if the motor was built by hand?

Congratulations Brian, good thing you got that starter to work one last time before it crocked.

How does this 9.90 beat the 9.36 super street legal trim in Rob's signature? Not trying to step on anyone's toes or start a fight, just curious. Was that time not in competition Rob?

No it was at a track that had a bunch of cars on slicks running down it, so he picked up 3-4 tenths....

My 9.36 was in NHRA competition. I have run many times under my old record, but I choose to have the truck tuned down depending on who I race. In the super street class I have not needed to lean on the truck very hard to win. To me it's about winning, but after 4 years(minus a couple hours) of holding the record, I'm glad it was broken.

No it was at a track that had a bunch of cars on slicks running down it, so he picked up 3-4 tenths....

You are wrong, the 60' times are the same as other passes all year, just an end of the year competition where I turned it up for once as I had the winter to rebuild if needed.

Its nice to see someone that thinks making passes is more important than going as fast as possible once. If more thought like this there would be less bye runs and racing would be a whole lot funner to watch.

Dont get me wrong going fast is bad ass, but going rounds is more of an accomplishment.

Its nice to see someone that thinks making passes is more important than going as fast as possible once. If more thought like this there would be less bye runs and racing would be a whole lot funner to watch.

Dont get me wrong going fast is bad ass, but going rounds is more of an accomplishment.

I agree 100%. Big props to the guys that can go the rounds. Shawn Ellerton's Ford was a beast this weekend at Mission, made 14 passes with 9 of them being either 10.3's or 10.7's. Shawn was on the war path for a 9.99 in a 6.0. Super Street keeps getting better and better.

Congrats on the record! And congrats to Rob for holding it for so long!

Especially after all the oildowns in Mission, I agree that we as a sport need to work on longevity! It annoys the spectators and the track when we have oildowns!

Back