new puller

crash85

ive been pulling at my local pulls and i was wanting to build a 2.8 puller out of my truck its an 03 2500 ex/sb duramax and its all stock as motor goes it has a k&n inake and 5" exhaust into a 7" stack tuned with efi and the suspension has straight center link and idler braces and sleeves what else would i need to be competitive

Well first you should know depending on where your from the 2.8 class wont be around for next year so guessing you would run 2.6 it will depend on your definition of "competitive" if your talking top 5 your gonna need to bring your A+ game in the midwest. As i am not a duramax guy i wont comment on where to go or who to talk to but i do know raw diesel (wesley wade) can tune them but theres a ton of suggestions out there that you will have to sort through based on your own opinions, of where to go what to do and what to buy, but i will say at the 2.6 level prob take in the ballpark of 800+ RWHP to play. BUT let the ones correct me where they will

ive been pulling at my local pulls and i was wanting to build a 2.8 puller out of my truck its an 03 2500 ex/sb duramax and its all stock as motor goes it has a k&n inake and 5" exhaust into a 7" stack tuned with efi and the suspension has straight center link and idler braces and sleeves what else would i need to be competitive

Since im a dmax puller too, listen to me when I say talk to Mark at Danville Performance. You must be prepared to spend some serious cash though, these duramax's aint cheap to build.

Since im a dmax puller too, listen to me when I say talk to Mark at Danville Performance. You must be prepared to spend some serious cash though, these duramax's aint cheap to build.

x2 if your in the midwest and want to place in the top 5. Its going to take a built motor and lots of work on getting the set up right. x2 on calling Mark Broviak at Danville Performance.

thanks i sold my other truck i was pulling with now iam starting all over whats the deal with the 2.8 class?

and what kind of money would ya be talking bout

for 2.6 it just depends on how competitive you want to be. Also building a duramax ain't cheap. If you go all out on a motor build you can very easily have anywhere from 20,000 to 40,000 dollars wrapped up in just the motor. Thats not including setting the truck up, tranny, lockers, gears, etc.

you wont save much money buy doing it yourself parts are $$$$$$$ for a d-max rods pistons, head work, machine shop it adds up quick, your better off unless you are a very knowledgeable engine builder to have a shop that specializes in it like Fleeces to do it... It will be very costly to run 2.8....... dont forget about the driveline either!

x3 on Mark at danville.....top notch 100%. talk to mark or larry. you wont be disappointed. the 2.8 class is going away and 2.6 is taking its place.....3.0 open drive most use drop boxes with rockwell front and rears. talking big power....

x3 on Mark at danville.....top notch 100%. talk to mark or larry. you wont be disappointed. the 2.8 class is going away and 2.6 is taking its place.....3.0 open drive most use drop boxes with rockwell front and rears. talking big power....

big power and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$

x4 on mark or tony b! but man if i was you i woudl just stay in the work stock class. just my 2 cents,im 26,dont own our puller just work on it and spend money on it lol

we just put a new motor in it nothign big and spent 7g's i ported the heads,made a few parts,and done all the work my self. where are you from?

and if you run the work stock class a good 500hp tune will work out great,2.6 in kentucky you better b packing 800-1000hp

says the guy who bought his truck already built......allot will depend on what organization you pull with...

That already built truck had allot of work, money and time put in it to get it back on the track. I have all the respect in the world for what he has done with that truck.

That already built truck had allot of work, money and time put in it to get it back on the track. I have all the respect in the world for what he has done with that truck.

x2 that truck is a runner for sure. And he had to put alot of work into after House had owned it. I might be wrong but I think he had to practically rebuild the motor that came with it.

I'm pretty sure he had the motor already built & swapped it in... This is getting to be a lot squandering though, hopefully Michael can confirm one of the scenarios. LOL