new pump...stuck plungers

sdime89

sdime89
i recently bought a new/used pump and installed it, when i went to time it the plunger would not move to allow to put in time. i pulled the dv holder and the spring holding the dv was rusty. none of the plungers moved eventuall two somewhat freed up, its a 175 pump and never been touched(tamper screw still in) and supposed to have 81k. my question is there any way to free the plungers up? i soaked them in penetrating oil. and do you think the pump is salvagable?? any help is greatly appreciated

i recently bought a new/used pump and installed it, when i went to time it the plunger would not move to allow to put in time. i pulled the dv holder and the spring holding the dv was rusty. none of the plungers moved eventuall two somewhat freed up, its a 175 pump and never been touched(tamper screw still in) and supposed to have 81k. my question is there any way to free the plungers up? i soaked them in penetrating oil. and do you think the pump is salvagable?? any help is greatly appreciated

Rebuild it or scrap. I had bad fuel phuck up my whole fuel system.

well the fuel is good the pump just been sitting a long time im guessing. it had no fuel in it

Ya im just saying once they start sticking its time to rebuilt. I actually got mine free but let the truck sit over nite and the same thing they were sticking. I tried several times and just gave up and got it rebuilt.

really hope not im just hoping it will free up i dont have the money for another one. what did you use to un stick then

really hope not im just hoping it will free up i dont have the money for another one. what did you use to un stick then

Wd40 an a light tap of hammer but it is pointless man. You can get your pump done for right around 1000.