New Quad high HP box for 2nd gens

Exactly Chris and that's what I've been helping quad work on with this box right now. I'm the only person that he's had this kinda trouble with so maybe it's just my truck? I'm sending it back to him on monday so he can do some final prep work and tuning on it before releasing the beta version so if yall want a beta box then yall better call him up and ask.

ctd899, I'm not giving you any BS. I'm just telling you what I've noticed so far. I'm sorry I don't have any dyno numbers or track times to confirm what I'm feeling but time is very limited and close tracks don't really exist in college station since they shut the navasota track down.

I'm supposed to be getting a beta box when they are available. They are having some issues with the new enclosures last I heard. (Something about the plastics), quad has been bombarded with emails, calls, and pms about beta testing... He requested that no one else mentions it for a while.... Just FYI

wildwood said:
thats what i was not wanting to hear. cause iam tring to norow it down to smarty or this new box. i dont sled pull,or drag. haul a 35ft 5er around and would like the extra pull on the low end for getting moving in the sand.

wildwood I will send you a demo smarty tomorrow. shoot me an email.

try it like it or not. simple

Smarty was a great upgrade for my towing needs... Very happy with the timing and fueling with the box... Quad would have to do some amazing things with drivability to make me switch, or add whatever

I hope the Quad box works better then the comp. I have issues with my comp so it is going back in next week.

Andy

Signature600 said:
Personally, it can make all the HP in the world, but if you can't drive it, what's the point!
Chris
I remember being able to 'quench' combustion at the track with KSB-1 and Smarty stacked on a TST Comp. It was all a question of how hard you hit the throttle from the start. Sounds similar!
At least you know your getting all the fuel she will handle, for your given air. Not a big problem, IMO. to adjust throttle pressure to deal with it.

RJ

BgBlDodge said:
Or nitrous? Or twins and nitrous? :evil

Oooo oo I got one!! How bout a head that could handle either?? lol

j/k Blue, hard to spend money on something that works fine now right?? :D

Nah. Just saving money up for billet. Headgasket blows it ain't to big of a deal. Input shaft blows, well, I ain't cried in a long time but I guarantee that would cause me to. LOL Actually, o-rings are in the works for after august. Gonna either have hamilton or hellmann do it. I'll pm you my reasons.

Thanks but I've got a billet input sitting on my floor at the house and I'm saving up (as much as a man can save when he's not working LOL ) for the output.

box

Hey blue have you ever tried the redline box before the tst smarty stack?? Didnt know if this new quad will out do the redline!!!:ft:

Nope. And it's not designed to compete with a redline box. As a matter of fact, I don't think anything is designed to compete with that box. I also for one will not run a redline box until my truck is strictly competition only because I can't afford to destroy VP's constantly.

BgBlDodge said:
Nope. And it's not designed to compete with a redline box. As a matter of fact, I don't think anything is designed to compete with that box. I also for one will not run a redline box until my truck is strictly competition only because I can't afford to destroy VP's constantly.

I must have a super good VP44... Of course I follow Chips recommendations and only run it on less then 50% on the street.

Paul

You have more restraint than I do. I have a bad habit of going, it'll last for one more run. LOL