NEW S400-63 Turbo

What did it cost to build?

Do you drive Mack?:hehe:

I once picked up a lightly used turbo almost identical to this one for $200. I still have parts from it laying around somewheres just collecting dust...the comp cover is very far from a 3rd gen design and needs majorly modified to make it work nicely in any pick-up truck. Also it's too small of an A/R to make it fit a S400 comp wheel over 66mm. The only thing that might be built about this otherwise unique box unit charger is that it has a .90 A/R turbine housing. It does have an ETT comp wheel. Mack sure has some creations!

Last edited:
I once picked up a lightly used turbo almost identical to this one for $200. I still have parts from it laying around somewheres just collecting dust...the comp cover is very far from a 3rd gen design and needs majorly modified to make it work nicely in any pick-up truck. Also it's too small of an A/R to make it fit a S400 comp wheel over 66mm. The only thing that might be built about this otherwise unique box unit charger is that it has a .90 A/R turbine housing. It does have an ETT comp wheel. Mack sure has some creations!

If I staple a Bulldog to my hood would it fit better Lee? I like Bulldogs, and Macks are pretty cool so.... what do you think?

OP, your turbo is priced to high, but good luck. I see someone offered 500.00, you should consider that. I know it's wrong to fudge up for sale threads. I'm sorry.

If I staple a Bulldog to my hood would it fit better Lee? I like Bulldogs, and Macks are pretty cool so.... what do you think?

OP, your turbo is priced to high, but good luck. I see someone offered 500.00, you should consider that. I know it's wrong to fudge up for sale threads. I'm sorry.

Jeff you would need a two-stick transmission arrangement to get the max boost out of that turbo. A reciprocating dingle arm fastened to the oil drain would enable you to get a feel for turbine shaft speed...definitely a plus due to the failure rate of Mack turbos.

turbo IS for a mack n looks like a differnet turbo in pic 4 compared to the first 3 . imo it came out of a borg warner mack box n i wouldnt pay more than 450 . good luck with sale.

Is the turbine wheel a 80 or 83?

I did some research on the number to be sure. It has a bastard turbine wheel that only Mack used. I'm not sure on the numbers any more but it's a little bigger than the SX 83/74 turbine wheel and smaller than the Cat style 91/81 turbine wheel.