new to cummins

444 ci

i have a powerstroke and i found this dodge on a car lot i am interested in.i dont know much about cummins motors. the truck is a 2001 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 it has 223,000 miles with a 5-speed manual trans is this too many miles? the truck has a clean carfax just oil changes only thing listed. they are asking $9,000 but they are willing to deal i havent went and looked at the truck yet.

Check for an aftermarket lift pump and front end slop, 200k is usually about the point that the 9000 moving parts on a dodge front end need replaced.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I second the 9000 moving parts on a dodge front end! Mine is needing some attention!

thanks for the replys guys i am going to check out the truck in the morning.

Check the trans over really well, if its been abused its going to shift terrible. You will hate it.
See how it starts when its nice and hot, if the pump is going bad its going to crank a while before it starts.
Cruise at 55 and 45 for long periods, if your going to get "dead pedal" its most likely at common cruising speeds. Mine would do it at 45-50. You"ll know it if it happens.

Posted to CumminsForum via autoguide for iphone.

well i went to look at the truck today and it was in real bad shape. it was an auto someone converted over to a 5-speed.it wasent done very well so i told the salesman i wasent interested. but i did find a 1999 dodge ram 2500 diesel 5-speed with 190,000 miles for $10,000 it is in the body shop right know to fix some rust issues. the car lot is supposed to send me some pics when they get it back.