new to dmax's..

paroxysym

im a newb, as you can tell from my profile. ive got a couple questions concerning the dmax's that i was hoping to get answered here. im looking into getting either a dmax or a cummins, i know what the cummins is capable of- but i have no idea what the dmax is capable of. so my questions are...

- how much can the tranny/engine handle as far as mods?( i plan on doing just an intake, very small chip, and exhaust)
- whats the fuel mileage like on these motors?
- how dependable are they?
- whats the selling points for the dmax compared to the cummins?

ive seen dmaxs pull and i dont plan on doing any as ive seen some scary things with the IFS. so it be mostly street, maybe a drag strip here and there. what would you recommend for mods to a newb? thanks for the help guys- its greatly appreciated:ylsuper:

Being a Ford owner, I can't help you with your DMax questions but...Welcome to CompDiesel paroxysym !!!

paroxysym said:
im a newb, as you can tell from my profile. ive got a couple questions concerning the dmax's that i was hoping to get answered here. im looking into getting either a dmax or a cummins, i know what the cummins is capable of- but i have no idea what the dmax is capable of. so my questions are...

- how much can the tranny/engine handle as far as mods?( i plan on doing just an intake, very small chip, and exhaust)
- whats the fuel mileage like on these motors?
- how dependable are they?
- whats the selling points for the dmax compared to the cummins?

ive seen dmaxs pull and i dont plan on doing any as ive seen some scary things with the IFS. so it be mostly street, maybe a drag strip here and there. what would you recommend for mods to a newb? thanks for the help guys- its greatly appreciated:ylsuper:

A 75-90hp chip is max on stock tranny something like a EDGE is cool
I get 15mpg around town & 20 on highway
very dependable
modern technology, great tuning options
I recomend Super Diesel tierod sleeves https://ssl.perfora.net/www.superdi...nid=15458219b3bd215/shopdata/index.shopscript, keeps the inner tierods from becoming pretzels when you use some power in 4x4