New to site but Not Diesel's

Simplysmn

Hello From So Cal wanted to stop by and check out the site been around diesel's for a while now .Built one of the first longbed 4x4crewcab's in So cal
then converted it to Diesel Rolled it rebuilt it and sent it to Oregon now I am working on building another crewcab this time going to swap everything onto a drw crew frame and see what I can come up with .

Val

RudolphD1

Hello,

After more than 30 years of gasoline engines I have decided to learn more about diesels which have facinated me since childhood. (Father was a machinist/mechanic on Railroad locomotives.

Recently purchased a 92 3500HD with 94 B series 5.9 Cummins. Lot of issues with clutch. Appears original bellhousing and NV4500 was retained. Owner claimed 18 clutch changes resulted in the installation of a racing clutch and a cable clutch release vs. hydraulic. Owner said a newer transmission was installed some time after conversion. I have been unable to locate any tags on transmission to tell me model, year etc. Love the Cummins but the clutch is pure misery to operate. Now want to convert back to hydraulic system. Was told to find a 94-98 Dodge Bellhousing, change input shaft to Dodge, and go back to original Master/Slave hydraulic configuration. Have contacted companies who told me I cannot replace input shaft due to gearing mismatch and different bearing retainer. Would appreciate any help you folks might be able to me. Thanks.