New to site Dominator 66 Turbo

Farmertom390

Hi I came to the site because I am looking for some help on getting a new turbo for my truck. I have an early 99 7.3 running a cai, TS 140 Chip and 4- 5" exhaust. My turbo just started making a nasty odd noise that the only way i can describe it is it sounds like wind chimes in my intake. On FTW one member recommended the Dominator 66 turbo from beans and another said to upgrade pedistal and up pipes to a 99.5 -03 style. How is the Dominator 66 turbo the price is reasonable compared to others but basically I want something that will be good now and able to make more power later. I sadly am a poor college student but use my truck to make my money towing anywhere from 3 to 10,000 lbs. Thank You for any help

D66 will get you up over 400 honest-to-goodness horsepower with enough fuel. A fella in an OBS did 434hp with the D66 and a set of stage 3's on a stock oil pump.

Give Mr. Bean a call, he's a hell of a guy to do business with and he'll be able to set you up with what you want. IMHO, $1200 for 1300cfm you can't really go wrong.

One of Beans customers put down 496hp on a D66 about two months ago. I put down 471hp with B codes and big oil a week after that. It will put down some good power but at the levels I was at it is over it's design limit.