New to the 6.7 need help

ole red rocket

Just bought a 07.5 6.7 auto, 190k... Has been deleted and a smarty tuner...The question is at 40-50 mph under light acceleration has (to me) a transmission shudder, what's the fix?

What gear are you in when it happens? If it's 5th then I'm sure it's probably slipping. Fix is a rebuild or built unit.

But mine I would be able to make it do the same thing and it lasted and was still going when I got the built one.

5th and 6th .... Took the smarty down to one and doesn't do it as bad.... 1st time in 12years I've had a auto, looks like a rebuild is soon to come

Dont try to take the cheap way out on a 68rfe rebuild when the time comes. I will let you search a little and see what the outcome was for everyone that has done that so far...including myself. I had mine rebuilt by a hole in the wall shop, happy to say i got almost 50k miles out of it, but i literally just finished pulling it of the truck today, OD clutches along with 2nd to 3rd are toast. Just ordered a revmax yesterday and will be shipping them my core monday.

scrap your 68

put a 48 or alli or 4r and have some peace of mind..but until then be easy on it by using it as a light switch if your in the pedal stay in it and when slowing down go slow and dont get in it and out in 4-5-6..i think it already has trouble tying to figure out where it should go...maybe look into copilot from ats..

I would have Dave Matthews tune the TCM or find some other sort of trans tuning to help with the lift of it .

Expensive but Suncoast Comp68 is what I ran in my previous truck. Mega cab long bed dually 3500 tipped the scales at over 12 k lbs. Still going strong

I would recommend calling revmax, I have their trans in my truck the customer service is top notch and i have not had any issues with the unit and i have over 20k on it with over 700rwhp

you could also watch the swap area of this forum for a built trans theres been a few in the past couple months for reasonable prices ive seen i bought a the guts of a built trans and the m3ga drum needed repairs but the person i bought them from is helping make it right the diesel community is very helping with things for the most part

Back