New toy- Smart ForTwo Diesel

Static weight doesn't mean much. That SUV has FAR more energy in its mass traveling at 60mph.

Especially since that Smart isn't actually supporting the SUV, the base of C frame is clearly visible under the car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_472L2kLp0"]Awesome CRASH TEST - BENZ Vs. Smart! - YouTube[/ame]
I'd rather be in that S-class, more for the quality than the safety.
That Smart literally shat itself as it ran into the Mercedes!

Last edited:
For my one upcoming project I need a new car. (I have a pizza coffee and we will start to offer home delivery). So I need a good MPG car and something attractive for advertising.
And I bought 2004 Smart ForTwo Diesel. It have 40 hp MB Diesel(CR) engine and 6-speed semi automatic transmission.
I test drive it for few days, mostly in the city.
I got 73.5 mpg :evil
The top speed should be 87 mph( I got 81 mph)

Anyone else find it a little funny that the license plate on the truck is small and the plate on the Smart is large?!?!?!?!

Static weight doesn't mean much. That SUV has FAR more energy in its mass traveling at 60mph.

Especially since that Smart isn't actually supporting the SUV, the base of C frame is clearly visible under the car.

It was a joke...... congrats on completely missing that one. :D

Anyone else find it a little funny that the license plate on the truck is small and the plate on the Smart is large?!?!?!?!

In Europe we using normally big license plates. I bought my truck from US. So there is no place to put the big license plate. In front bumper I can put the big license plate but in the rear bumper I can not. In this case we can order a small license plates.
Same thing is my wife HHR and my 69 firebird. They both came from US and have small license plates.

Interesting, I though they were all the big ones... Many of the Eurotuner crowd over here puts them on their cars... Kinda funny looking here, but to each their own...

I think I'd have to respectfully decline on driving a Coffin Car. No thanks. Maybe when my kids are grown and they don't need me around anymore.

smartcar-accident-photos-84410.jpg

It still looks like it F'ed that truck up pretty good though.

Exactly my thoughts, Margus! LOL

Well a few weeks ago my friend who also own a diesel smart called me and told that he will move to US for two years and will sell his smart.
And he will give me the tuning box if I want for free :Cheer:
I know I told that no tuning in this car, but it was free tuning and I couldn't resist this offer.
So basically I have now instead of 40hp close to 50hp(in theoretically) :evil. My ass dyno won't feel very much difference. Only thing is that it revs up to 5000 rpm now(4100 rpm was previously) and the top speed is now 88 mph(was 81mph).
And the German boys is offering for me better injectors and a turbo to get 65..70 hp :charger:
But no no no ,I have to be strong :rules:

Where will you put the pizzas?

And I wonder if you make it a little stronger, bigger stuff could hit you and just send you flying like a ping pong ball. You might survive that way.

Well a few weeks ago my friend who also own a diesel smart called me and told that he will move to US for two years and will sell his smart.
And he will give me the tuning box if I want for free :Cheer:
I know I told that no tuning in this car, but it was free tuning and I couldn't resist this offer.
So basically I have now instead of 40hp close to 50hp(in theoretically) :evil. My ass dyno won't feel very much difference. Only thing is that it revs up to 5000 rpm now(4100 rpm was previously) and the top speed is now 88 mph

Add a flux capacitor and you're in business. :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUcmCTQKoJA"]smart car crash. with 70 miles against a concrete wall - YouTube[/ame]