New track?

I also agree. May seems too early for a National Event. I don't think you will get the competitor attendance that early. Judging from this year, it looked like too many guys were still building their rigs in May.

Sponsorship for Concord!

Earlier this year I made contact with the new dragway about hosting a NADM event at this venue. I had a very positive response and forwarded all of my info to David Dunbar.
As far as sponsorship and support for this "event to be", I am willing to give a hand in any capacity. If you take a quick peek at the other diesel site DTR,
under NC#18, you will see that Mike Dolan, John Porterfield and myself have obtained several BIG NAME sponsors for our 6th Annual event for Oct. 10 &11.
Just to name a few, Cummins Atlantic, South Bend Clutchs, NAPA, F1 Diesel, TRE Diesel, L&N Performance, Sears, Advance Auto, Eagle Star Photograghy, NADM and Bucks Communications:clap:. Of course this is only a partial listing (sorry to leave anyone out) and maybe a few more heavy hitters by event time :cool:!
I really don't think sponsorship or involvement for this event will be a problem at all, do you?
Hope to see everyone come down to our event at Coastal Plains in North Carolina! You are also VERY close to sea level, so we should see some good numbers!
Thanks,
Brian L. Buchanan
Bucks Communications, Inc.

Appreciate the input guys - we are already working on next year's schedule and sponsors for the events. It's looking real good! Dave is already scheduling for races in June July - actually one a month somewhere from March to Sept!

I dont know about guys building - mostly sled pulling - we sure had a lot of guys early and at TS in May! We'll let the racers tell Dave when will be a good time - he communicates pretty well with the guys in that area!

Brian - appreciate the help on all of the diesel events and look forward to working with your group next year for this event.

Ron

I don't think there's anybody else that can. When you get a chance Ron, give me a call and let's talk about options. Would love to have an entire weekend including drag racing, sled pulling as well as a dyno along with CASH prizes. NC has great opportunity and I'd like to help you guys make that happen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Farmer:

I agree 100% with what Mike D. and Brian Buchanan have already told you.

For your information, all of us along with many other people and Members here having been hosting and obtaining both diesel and non-diesel vendors for diesel rallies and events in eastern N.C. for the past six (6) years! As Brian pointed out to you, our upcoming "6th Annual N.C. Dyno and Drag Race Event" to be held in Jacksonville, N.C. on October 10th and 11th is a very good example of that! Another is the dyno event to be held at "National Speed" in Wilmington, N.C. on Saturday September 20, 2008.

Also, Jess and Buck Spruill have made their "OBX Drag Race/Sled Pull/Dyno Event" into one of the best events in eastern N.C. So,....for you to make the statement that "I don't think there's anybody else that can" is DEAD WRONG Mr. Farmer!

One thing I find funny is that other than the Durham Dyno Event we held at "Carolina Auto Masters" about two years ago, I have NEVER seen you at anyone of these events here in eastern N.C. Gus!! NEVER!! But now all of a sudden you are the ONLY person that can make an event happen out here!
Pretty amazing to ALL OF US that have been doing it for over six (6) years now.

Just my $.02.........................

--------
John_P

Lets see if we can keep this thread hopping until next year. :cheer:

NADM will be setting a race up there next as long as we can a)afford it, and b) get it scheduled.

Brian has been my contact to the track, and did a lot of leg work finding out track status etc., and thank again Brian.

As Ron said, I am working on a schedule now. :bang

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Farmer:

I agree 100% with what Mike D. and Brian Buchanan have already told you.

For your information, all of us along with many other people and Members here having been hosting and obtaining both diesel and non-diesel vendors for diesel rallies and events in eastern N.C. for the past six (6) years! As Brian pointed out to you, our upcoming "6th Annual N.C. Dyno and Drag Race Event" to be held in Jacksonville, N.C. on October 10th and 11th is a very good example of that! Another is the dyno event to be held at "National Speed" in Wilmington, N.C. on Saturday September 20, 2008.

Also, Jess and Buck Spruill have made their "OBX Drag Race/Sled Pull/Dyno Event" into one of the best events in eastern N.C. So,....for you to make the statement that "I don't think there's anybody else that can" is DEAD WRONG Mr. Farmer!

One thing I find funny is that other than the Durham Dyno Event we held at "Carolina Auto Masters" about two years ago, I have NEVER seen you at anyone of these events here in eastern N.C. Gus!! NEVER!! But now all of a sudden you are the ONLY person that can make an event happen out here!
Pretty amazing to ALL OF US that have been doing it for over six (6) years now.

Just my $.02.........................

--------
John_P

John-

Just to clarify for your information and others I was referring to the immediate area. When you assume, things tend to go wrong and maybe I should have stated exactly what I meant. Sorry about that. Buck and Jeff's event is a real hit and has been. To say it's the best is right but it's also about the only 'big' event that far east. I also hope you understand that if I'm going to travel then it's going to be for something like the TS Outlaw race or the Scheid event as I really don't have time to travel. I'm sure your endavors will be a success as they have been in the past. Hope to see you at R'ham and that you guys continue to attend and support events in eastern NC.

Folks aint gonna like my opinion, but June and July were dead as hell this year. I know it is hot, but we need more races during that time.

If it's as bad next year as this year - WOW. We've have mid 90's for weeks on end up here.

Sponsorship

Not to beat the "Dead Horse", but I was able to add Sun Coast Converters to our long, distinguished list of BIG NAME sponsors! Thanks to Sun Coast!
Just figured I would finish my post with the last of the heavy hitters that were willing to help our NCDTR #18 event sponsors!:cool:
Thank you to Ron and Mrs. Webb for your support:clap:
Hopefully this post will end where the Z-Max Concord Dragway post begins!
I believe Mike D and John P have a post for our event elsewhere on CompD.
Hope to see all there in October. Might be a start of a good base for the Concord race for next year!:rockwoot:

Thank you,
Brian L. Buchanan
Bucks Communications, Inc.

Back