New Trans... Poor light throttle shifting!

SoonerFan8

Just installed a new trans in a truck i just bought, and under light accelaration it doesnt want to shift out of first. You really have to play with the throttle to get it to shift. This does seem worse when its cold.
Is this just in the detent cable? I didnt change or adjust the cable duing the swap. Is there a certain way to adjust it or is it just trial and error? Thanks for any input.

Make sure the TV cable is adjusted correctly, if problem still exists then change your Transducer(governor pressure sensor)

Lavon

What exactly is "correctly"? Is there a procedure to set it? Full throttle it shifts perfectly

With the truck turned off, Get under the truck and watch the tv cable travel going into transmission while someone else sits inside the truck and push the throttle pedal to the floor. When the pedal is on the floor the tv cable should have 1/16th" of play to just tight, if the cable gets to full travel before the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor, you need to loosen the cable up by the APPS.

yep, if its not the cable then replace the governor pressure solenoid. it is partly responsible for light throttle shifting.

my womans 47re works fine except at WOT from a dig it wont shift to second until the pedal is "unmatted". looks like i need to look into that TV cable

Back