New truck advice

Cummins016spd

Justin
Well on the way home from work last night a car hydroplaned into my lane and we hit head on doing around 50...more than likely it's totaled and I'll buy it back but I was thinking about getting a 2006-2009 4x4 QCSB, but I wasn't a big fan of the 6.7's when they first came out but I have heard good things about them...it will be a automatic just curious about the interior on the 6.7's what might be different from the 5.9's...all that will be done to the truck for a while will just be intake, exhaust, mild efi live tune, lift pump but it will be a slow process

Any advice is appreciated thanks

The interior on the 06-07 5.9 is basically the same as the
07.5-09 6.7. If you tow much you will like the exhaust brake on the 6.7.

6.7 with all the deletes and h/s kit, all the way, mileage, power, ex brake

I did a DPF delete on a 6.7 last weekend with a mild tune.. That truck runs so good now! Best part is the exhaust kit that we installed sounds just as quiet as factory exhaust when in the cab and driving down the road.

the 6.7s are way quiet inside and I love the turbo brake it works a lot better than the exhaust brake on a 5.9 and I also like the electronic shifting for the trany and with all the deletes and a smarty you can make good power the only thing holding back after that is the turbo and rods when you get in bigger power but I like the one I got and I have spent a lot of time in an 06 and would take my truck over that unless I was just useing it for pulling or drag racing then I would go 5.9 but for a normal dd with some good power I like the 6.7

Speaking from personal experience, the 06 interior SUCKS, seats stain very, very easy, the drivers seat has no padding, etc.

Thanks for all the replies I was kinda leaning towards a 6.7, are there any common problem they have that are different from the 5.9's?

Thanks smokie okie it was deffinatley a scary moment, if I knew how to upload pics from my phone I would, I was surprised to see the other man not to hurt cuz it crunched his car

I can't vogue for a 6.7, but my 325 5.9 gets from 17.6 to right at 18 mpg driving 60 miles a day. I have a decent amount of stop lights on my commutes and Houston traffic can be hell depending on the time. But if I drive normal, 60-65 mph, keep my foot out of it for the most part, I get decent mileage. It's a bone stock truck right down to intake and exhaust. I do add ~15oz of 2 stroke oil every fill up and I run B10.

I'll try photobucket...I test drove a 2011 4x4 4 door shortbed automatic and everywhere I found a 07 5.9 they wanted like more than 30k with over 60k miles...that 2011 sticker price is 44k but they had a thankgiving sale that had the sticker price down to 35k, so I may be looking at getting a 2011. Any advice on those trucks? I didn't know what was different from the 7.5-09 6.7...but every used vehicle I have found 2006-2010 had to many miles and still wanted mote than 30k

I have 3 friends with the 11s and they havent had a lick of problems one has about 25k on his the other is full deletes h&s and 40inch tires with about 20k and hasent had a problem the other only has about 1k he just got it last week. but they have had far less problems than my 08 did.

Good to hear, I just started another thread in the 2007.5+ section. I will sign the papers of a 2011 crew cab 4x4 automatic shortbed in the mourning...I wasn't to do the h&s and all the deletes I just don't want to void the warranty