New truck...programmer options?

AKDuramax

Rice-Burner Burner
Just bought an 06 2500, 5.9 with a 6 speed, 56,000 miles on it. This is my first go-round with the CR Cummins. Already have an intake and exhaust. was wondering what programmer/chip/module you guys think work best with these trucks. I eventually might do a turbo and injectors, but not sure yet. I'm not going for crazy power, but it's gotta pull my 28 foot boat, loaded snowmachine trailer, and a cat 257 skidsteer no problem. I also want to be able to blow the doors off of a ricer if the oppertunity presents itself.

All input is appreciated!

Thanks!

Smarty again.

BTW, it will pull all the things you listed just fine bone stock......

Guys i dunno I heard that you lose high end HP with the smarty... I love my PPE X+2 but I run a 66 and have trouble with spooling BUT another intercooler and camshaft will fix that. I put a buddies smarty on and it spooled much better than my ppe but I noticed my high end change... so really I think of how you want to set it up in the end...

PPE hot+2 wont work on a 06... my votes for smarty, and guages even tho you may not need them. my truck runs rediculously cool? kinda suprising

I know it'll pull everything I need it to stock...But who has fun with stock? Lol. Gauges are in the making, the smarty seems like a pretty good deal. Are they hard to tune? And do you think the stock clutch will handle it? In the long run, I could settle for 450-500 horse, daily driver.

I say smarty. I run mine on sw5 forever with stock clutch and it held for a while. If it slips just turn it down. But Sw3 is a stout tune and powerband is just right for pullin! You could make 420-450ish with just smarty and minor things!

Well, Smarty it is. Ordering it on payday. I'll do a clutch down the road.

Smarty TNT. Go big or go home. Run level 1 or 2. You'll love it. Also check out edge CTS monitor for your gauges. That's pretty neat system. Rather pricey but it's universal for any truck. Do it right the first time is my theory.