New truck project

This build looks like its gonna get finished, good job man. I started mine a year earlier and you still may beat me.

This build looks like its gonna get finished, good job man. I started mine a year earlier and you still may beat me.

It's a huge process to finish a project but come hell or high water it will be done and racing this year. Hopefully 3 weeks

For a small update all bars for cage are in. 4 more welds and it's dine. Lexan is on the way. Bar is bent for shifter mount. Wiring is 75%. Get to buy helmet tomorrow. Those are salty

Yea Man!!! Pure commitment.

Probably more then I expected. I am in the show Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday every week since December. Weekends are from 10-midnight ish. Mind you I work 95% alone

I saw this at fire punk and didn't realize it was a compd members truck! Do you work there?

Last edited:
Nice job on the cage, Do you have any pics of the outriggers or how you attached it to the frame? Thanks...

Nice job on the cage, Do you have any pics of the outriggers or how you attached it to the frame? Thanks...

No pictures but can get them when it goes on the lift again. I used 2x3 tubing mig welded to the frame. The fronts butt up against the front cab mount. Welded the tubing and mount together. Need to finish the tubing to the cage welding. It's only tacked

Nice, looks like a tight fit through the floor. Did you free up the cab and lift it to get under there to weld or drop the cage down and weld to the outrigger then lift the cage back up?
thanks for the fast reply..

Nice, looks like a tight fit through the floor. Did you free up the cab and lift it to get under there to weld or drop the cage down and weld to the outrigger then lift the cage back up?
thanks for the fast reply..

Nope I just welded them in place. Finish welding on the lift will be what makes it easy. Laying on my back I can't finish the weld from the outrigger to the cage

Did the break in on the engine last night. Fires off amazingly fast, very happy about that. Have small leak at #4 fuel line. Might need to tweak a bit so it seats well. Other then that no leaks and no problems. Finished up the radiator mounts. No pictures of those. One wire alternator is in and done, had to change the mount a lot for it to work
1c6570869f4e9f7373cd6ca6bab967de.jpg

d3f75bca3fedb24f15beff3f11d60a30.jpg

Need a belt and it's done.
Had to remove door panels because they hit the door bars. This was not my intention but had to happen. So I painted the inner doors
a47d33fa361d5978ef2b4d6686a256d9.jpg

bc09428b034caf6fc06aeb43e0c0608b.jpg

They will get cut out and tin put in when I have time.
Bed bars are done and a little bottle encouragement of things don't go as planned later in the year.
8a1d32a8a6791fa8cb1c8461c72d3cb0.jpg

004c17c1c517686ae02ff074bfdaa006.jpg

A look at my drivers rear outrigger for those interested. Will finish weld it Thursday. The weld to the frame on all is done.

For a small update all bars for cage are in. 4 more welds and it's dine. Lexan is on the way. Bar is bent for shifter mount. Wiring is 75%. Get to buy helmet tomorrow. Those are salty

Did you buy preformed lexan windows or are you going to attempt to cut your own out of a full sheet? If you bought preformed ones, who sells them?

Did you buy preformed lexan windows or are you going to attempt to cut your own out of a full sheet? If you bought preformed ones, who sells them?

Cutting my own sheet. is there really a market for that stuff?

Cutting my own sheet. is there really a market for that stuff?

I have no idea. I've seen a couple people selling them in the past, but they never stated where they came from. I know Chase Lunsford had a windshield for sale not too long ago, maybe he'll chime in.

I have no idea. I've seen a couple people selling them in the past, but they never stated where they came from. I know Chase Lunsford had a windshield for sale not too long ago, maybe he'll chime in.

I have a feeling to justify The time involved it will be closer to 400 dollars a for the rear for one that drops in

Yes sir it is, when were you there ?

I think it was 3 weeks ago now, just stopped in for prolly 15 minutes to pickup some stainless piping and took an engine back to D&J while I was there.

I think it was 3 weeks ago now, just stopped in for prolly 15 minutes to pickup some stainless piping and took an engine back to D&J while I was there.

It's changed a bit in that time. Really hoping it's fast.

It's changed a bit in that time. Really hoping it's fast.

Well I remember my thoughts were something along the lines of "damn, that looks like it'll be a fast little truck", so hopefully we're both right!

Back