New truck.

12v kid

Speed comes at a price...
Well I'm going to be getting my first cr hopefully in about a month. Looking at gettting a 2006-2007 4x4 6spd ccsb or lb. I've been reading about cr's and havent really seen anything that was to alarming. So i was wondering if there is any issue that I should be aware of before I purchase? Thank you for any info.

Blow by
Start time= less than 3 sec
Watch exhaust on start up
Tell them you want a cold motor. Make sure they let it set over night and you want to be the 1st persone to start it for the day.
Hvac operation mode door operation

Thank you for the tips. My goal is to stay under 100,000 miles. Do these trucks have blend door motor issues?

^yea they do. My 07 didn't have AC for about 2 years and I replaced everything except the condenser. All mopar parts too. I ended up trading it in on a 12. My dads 03 with 80k has issues freezing up the evaporator core. But overall they are a very good truck and are miles ahead of a 2nd gen.

I wouldn't be scared to buy one with just over 100,000 miles either because chances are it will have a freshly rebuilt engine. So thats a plus.

10-4 thank you for all the input guys. It is going to just my daily driver so I plan on doing exhaust intake and gauges. I'm not sure on the tuning yet smarty or efi live but still unsure how the efi live works. I just want fuel economy and to be able to tow our skid steer around.

EFI live FTMFW!! But seriously though... lol get EFI you won't be disappointed

Sent from phone

I wouldn't be scared to buy one with just over 100,000 miles either because chances are it will have a freshly rebuilt engine. So thats a plus.

Umm... Say that again? Maybe I read that wrong 6 times.

If a CR has over 100k on it, there is a good chance that it had been rebuilt.

You sir are on dope.

132k on mine. Bought it with a 124k a couple of months ago. No blow by, no engine rebuild. Some people read to many forums and take them for the gospel truth forgetting to realize that 99% of the trucks on the road don't abide by forum rules and live long, healthy, happy lives with no issues at all.

119k on my 06 with a stock auto and tow pretty heavy with it almost every weekend in the summer. Owned the truck since it had 35k on it. Still no blow by or anything out of the norm

lol. I have seen them go at 36,000 miles and dealer refused warranty because 3rd engine. Have built on average 1 per week for over 4 years now. Not saying they are total junk just saying the average person will drive them with a bad injector for example till they burn up. Usually happens before 100k miles.
Obviously an owner that knows how to care for their 03-07 will usually be fine but for the average non mechanic owner they aren't the most durable of engines.

If a CR has over 100k on it, there is a good chance that it had been rebuilt.

You sir are on dope.

glad someone else said it......
rebuild? why?
time for injectors if they are still stock? possibly....

anywayz,

they all have little problems just like anything else.

my .02=
it will need a LP and a built trans if its anything over stock...

some have electrical issues (TIPM)
they will always have front end problems
some 06's will have dash issues

but i always say it... i bought the motor and the truck just came with it.
EFI live is FTMFW!

Thank you for all the input guys. So what are the injector issues/symptoms that occur with the cr's?

Just replaced my stock injectors that had 172k on them.. Still were working well but had head off for studs to go on and just seemed like the right time to replace them.

Add some good 2 micron filtration in front of your CP3 to catch any crap that may make it thru your fuel system and you will help setup a long healthy life for your injectors.

These are a good dependable power plant if you take care of them. Any vehicle will fail if not taken care.

Best of luck with the truck you decide to purchase.

Thank you guys for all your input there's nothing like real world experience. Is a fass or air dog needed for a dd or just add a 2 micron filter inline before the cp3?

I know this is always up for debate but IMO, if being left stock and a DD, adding a filter set-up is what I would do.

Something like this. It's what I put on my '12
0CC35F2A-40BC-422E-83C2-3B9CA51E7E8C-8738-000009AF2D269961_zps0694f190.jpg

Last edited: