Newbie here

drdiesel12v

Dr. Diesel Performance
im a newbie into to Duramax scene, but i wanna get playing with efi live and ppe products and expand the horizons and learn some different things about different engines so i chose a duramax.

that being said, for a newbie like my self, i would think a LB7 would be best suited for me. since it has a non-vgt turbo no egr and whatnot, but between LB7 and LLY, which can support more power and be reliable, this will be my daily driver and tow rig not a full built 1000hp truck.

i know each engine has its downfall, but im sure one would be ok for a newbie. lol.

Also, how hard is it to take a 2wd and convert to 4wd. i know its easier than on my second gen dodge, since they are both IFS front ends. im looking at 2wd at the moment because they are a little cheaper, while maybe later on down the road i swap in 4x4.

Thanks Guys.

Yes? I currently do side work on cummins, but I want to work on some others too.

I think around 550hp to 600hp you should be safe, lly's have a vgt turbo and egr.

Last edited:
Do you go by Dr. Diesel Performance? Or just Dr.? What about Dr. Performance for short?

u guys think an 02 crew cab long bed 2wd with 135k and new injectors 3k ago, loaded with heated leather, rear heat and ac, automatic, is worth $11k or should i try and get him down some? he is a buddy of mine and wanting to get rid of it. he currently has it lowered but has all stock stuff and will return it to stock.

How would the turning radius compare to my second gen dodge? better, same, worse.

Like i said i am new to the Chevy world.

thanks guys
Cody