newbie with a fummins

trueblown

hey guys im in the middle of building a fummins after 300k miles out of my 6.0 with hardly any issues. i have an 07 5.9 common rail and a g56 mated to my 273 tc. My tuck is a 2003 f250 lariat fx4 fully loaded and lifted on 37s. im shooting for 700hp on this build. well glad i joined this site. hope to learn alot

Thanks who did your swap? I'm doing mine all myself. Can't wait to finish buying parts and get it together

Thanks who did your swap? I'm doing mine all myself. Can't wait to finish buying parts and get it together

Me, Myself, and I. I finished it about 2 1/2 years ago. This engine sure takes a beating! Post some pics of your build!

Yeah I believe I did around the Midwest for sure. It really ran good too. Oh well finally going to have my cummins and a manual in a crew can fully loaded like I wanted from day one. I really hope to get some good parts off her to help me with my twin build. Seems like a great site so far

Here's a timeline of my truck over all
Wrecked it after 2 years
06acc6ea.jpg

Then sunk it a little bit and the cost of a water pump and exhaust
54979e4c.jpg

c695bce2.jpg

3e56b00e.jpg

Then lifted and 37s
a158cffa.jpg

Then put a 2012 tailgate and converting to a 12 rear bumper and a 07 Harley front end
402c76e9.jpg

Now time for the swap after MELTING the 6.0 to almost nothing after towing a car to chicago
85fdd45f.jpg

70d34a60.jpg

cf8795e9.jpg

f4fb2c5b.jpg

e33e673f.jpg

8a39d73b.jpg

That's it for now let me know what you think. And sorry for any of the pics they are taken and edited with my cell phone.

Nice swap you have going on there! Looks like the truck had a not so easy life while the 6.0 was in there. LOL I'd watch trying to make a G56 live with 700hp though.

I chose a 07 cr 24v for drivability and tunning ease with efi live. I know it's a much more complex swap but I want a truck that is a street truck and I can throw my 2 kids in and go across country. I'm more of an electrical kinda guy as far as tuning. I know my trans will probably get some working on but I really wanted to do a manual swap and this was in the truck I got. Lol

Well got my Ppe dual fueler kit ordered today trying to get a s366 lined up so I can't get this thing going.

just a little update...
i went off the deep end and am finishing up a full build with a s476 now im shooting for a solid 850hp