Next project ideas need your thoughts

hotrodchevy

wannabe sled puller
Well you guys all seemed to be impressed with my last truck i built, but i wasnt happy with things and have decided to start over from scratch, will now be a red and silver two tone modified duramax, making new traction bars will have a rollpan better rear bump bars and i think i will also be getting a cut chevy bowtie as the front weight also going to try some other ideas i have would you guys like me to take progress pics and post them? also need a name for it or if you have any ideas please post them.

lol im not talking a real one you need to go back a few pages and find my last post i started

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I think what you do is cool but this site is about real trucks and if placed in the wrong section can be confussing for some as the above shows.

Maybe keep it in the General Pit Chat section or find a modeling forum.

With that being said I am not a moderator so do what you want :)

BBD

well then if thats the way you guys feel ill take it elsewhere and he just ruined it for eveyone who wanted a model of there truck, you can thank him guys sorry im not going to waste my time doing stuff like this anymore, i posted here cause it was the only place i knew where pullers would look like them but whetever im done

well then if thats the way you guys feel ill take it elsewhere and he just ruined it for eveyone who wanted a model of there truck, you can thank him guys sorry im not going to waste my time doing stuff like this anymore, i posted here cause it was the only place i knew where pullers would look like them but whetever im done

I got no problem with that...makes perfect sense to me. I bet I haven't been on the gen pit chat threads more than 5 times and would've missed out on seeing this anywhere else. Send me a PM if you can do anything with a Silver Birch Reg Cab GMC (Chevy would be OK).

Scott is right. And... he was nice about it. You should relax a little. Your post was in a sledpulling section when you are actually building a hobby toy. Don't pack your chit up man, just make sure to put it in a thread that will not confuse things.

ok Scott im sorry for flipping out on you man where else can i post my models so that the pullers can see them? i am not trying to be a ahole or anything i just wanted to show off something that alot of people dont take time to model, if you have any ideas where i can post them please feel free to say something. Sorry again Scott

What about changing the title to reflect that it is a model truck not a real truck?

Honestly maybe you should ask a moderator,

Please understand that this is a competition diesel site, folks come here for issues, info, and to discuss performance diesel issues related to real trucks. I don’t want to have to sift through non real truck related issues whether it is modeling, basket weaving, or whatever. I don’t envy the moderators as their job is hard enough as it is but if you open the door to these non-related issues then where do you draw the line? I was going to say something on your first modeling post but figured it was a onetime isolated issue and was cool, but now that is being repeated already, and you asked, I chose to voice my opinion.

If I was a moderator (keep in mind I am not, hence I suggested you ask one above) I would tell you to feel free to put this in the General Pit Chat area.

And please don’t expect a reply from me to your message on Facebook were you accuse me of causing you to “throw your whole hobby out the window and now you will never build anyone a custom puller”

Just trying to keep things real here and related to actual sled pulling is all.

BBD