NHRDA BD Dyno Day & Mission Raceway 04/05-04/06

Michael

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Anyone heading North of the border this weekend for these events? I'll probably miss the dyno day, but I'll be at the races.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

looking like I'm not gonna be making this one after all:(, good luck to ya all:Cheer:

looking like I'm not gonna be making this one after all:(, good luck to ya all:Cheer:

Brian,
Bummer! It's not the tranny is it?

Just before I read this post, I told Caitlyn (my daughter) that Alicia & Kevin would be at the race. She still remembers them as the kids she played with in the bouncy castle. I was telling her that if it rained we could at least hang out and watch the rain with our friends.

Hope all is well. I'm sitting here waiting for a break in the rain to go load my camper up.

Regards,
Michael

No not the transmission yet, but I've got other stuff that has came up and had to decide between the two and unfortunately had to skip the races but I will make if for sure to Bremerton.

Well good luck on the west coast, man i thought it could rain in seattle but wow it started raining here in north carolina this morning and it has not let up for the last 8hrs, needless to say we are cancelled so i hope mission raceway has better weather and you guys have a great day of drag racing tomorrow. keep me posted i am flying home monday morning

Well, Mission is officially rained out too. We went up, got to hang out for a while with Malcomb and see his newly tubbed race truck, as well as his new trailer, and stayed warm & dry in Mike & Sarah Boyd's trailer.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Sure is tough to get a race off at this time of the year up here. Wish we had a rainout date here this year. This was the only time to see the NHRDA at mission. Guess next year.

Pat,
Were you the BD Power guy I was talking to at the track this morning? Whoever it was, I managed to forget his name.

If nothing else, I confirmed that the Canadian border patrol followed their policies and let me in the country with my daughter, as I had proof of sole custody of her. On the way back through, the US Border guy even asked if we ran the dyno day at BD Power! He asked what my truck ran on the dragstrip too (and I think I disappointed him, he must have asked that question of some fast trucks before me).

If I would have run the April race at Mission last year (even if I lost 1st round) I would have won the points championship. The forecast was even worse on that day, but they managed to get that race off. I looked at the forecast the night before and decided not to drive up (also did not have custody of my daughter finalized at that point, so would have had hassles at the border). With that history, I figured it was at least worth a shot today. My daughter got to see Canada for the first time, and we got to have a good time trying to read the French writing on the McDonalds wrappers...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Oh yeah - it was pouring rain as we left the track this morning, but you could see the clear skies heading our way. We were driving in the direction of the weather coming towards the track (which translated into driving straight into a significant headwind), but drove through sunshine and warm weather for an hour and a half. In other words, we probably would have had about a few hours of clear weather, but there were more rain clouds beyond that. It was just a bummer having to wear sunglasses and turn on the AC while driving away from a rainout!

On the way back through, the US Border guy even asked if we ran the dyno day at BD Power!

That's funny.
I think we primed the Border greeter for most everyone else with 8 trucks in a row going back home on Saturday.
I was 4th in line and by then the questions were down to "where do you live?" and "what did you dyno?" LOL