Nitromethane...(again)

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
So I was noticing that nitromethane is soluble in water at the rate of about 10% by weight......and sled pulling water setups can pump about a gallon of water every ten seconds, so......:rockwoot:????

melty pistons :poke:

How bout you find some more fuel in that VE and then add some more nitrous!

Wouldn't it precombust when its compressed? I don't know what the flash point is, but injecting fuel on intake stroke wouldn't go well in a diesel. Is nitro soluble with diesel fuel? Never thought anyone did this with diesels, I know nitro takes a lot less oxygen to burn, but thats pretty much all I know. Research time for this guy. :doh:

At less than 10% it would chemically bond with the water, so I don't think it would pre-combust.....but if it wasn't mixed with water, hell yea it would! Nitro doesn't bond well with diesel I don't think.....I tried dumping a bottle of R/C car fuel into my tank a while back and the truck idled funny, and then I chickened out and added a bunch of diesel.

only problem i see is the timing of the fuel ignition mixed with water. I think camshaft design woud be key here.

How much do you really expect to gain @ 36 grams/second of nitromethane?

You'd be better off running 100% load of wet flow, 15% (+;)) in the cell, or spiking with hydrazine. :aiwebs_016:

just put hydrogen peroxide in and take the pyro out and let it buck!!!!!!

Back