Nitrous on manual

TheBigNasty

Project bish
Nitrous on an auto doesn't scare me much because there is a pretty constant load on the engine but what about on a 5spd. If you are spraying 100% and go to shift.....???? Or do you not want to activate it till you are in your final gear? I like the idea of the progressive controller but this still bothers me.

TheBigNasty said:
Nitrous on an auto doesn't scare me much because there is a pretty constant load on the engine but what about on a 5spd. If you are spraying 100% and go to shift.....???? Or do you not want to activate it till you are in your final gear? I like the idea of the progressive controller but this still bothers me.

Good Question?

My last trip to the track i had a .72 jet in the air horn. I as of yet have not had a pop from shifting when it was spraying. I am sprayin above 3psi boost and it shuts off when the throttle goes back to idle on shifts.

TheBigNasty said:

I friend of mine has it on his, not an issue for him. Works awesome.

I know some one with a 03 6 speed that has been spraying in the intake horn for years without any problems. He uses a small shot good for about 30-40 hp.

I'd imagine that if you were using a WOT switch that it wouldn't be a big deal. That is unless you keep your foot planted while shifting. Which knowing your clutch it won't hold enough for you to do that. LOL

Use a WOT switch. Shifting with your foot planted on the throttle isn't the fastest method anyway. No need for a progressive controller

Well....I have an HX-40 for now and to be truthful I'm skeered! Something about the hit of nitrous will snap a shaft on one in no time.... I won't be worried when I put an S400 under it but for now I'd rather be cautious.

Bud, I'd recommend staying away from the nitrous till you get a turbo, studs, o-ring, and cluth in that truck. Not to mention some ladder bars to keep that read end under the truck and keep that snap ring from snapping.

I use a WOT switch, and have never had a problem.....granted i havent run the 1/4 with the spray and the newer tuning, but screwing around on the streets, i havent heard the fabled nitrous pop from shifting.

I would use the NX progressive controller, and use the clutch peddel as the second trigger. Set the second program to ramp from 25 % to 100 % in 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds

Every time you push in the clutch, it starts the progressive ramp over again; you will not get to maximum nitrous flow in the lower gears. This will give you a smooth amount of nitrous power in each gear, and maximum power in the upper gears.

This is the brilliance of a progressive controller; you can make the nitrous fit the application

Comp, that won't work worth a darn. You're not in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gear for 1.5 seconds, so you'll never get the full benefit of having the nitrous respool the chargers instantly.

That is the great part about progressive, you can set the time to what ever you want, I use this tune with either a .92. .125 Or in extreme applications .153 NX solenoid. I can take this one solenoid and one delivery point and provide a measured amount of nitrous fro the initial spool up before launch, to the amount in each gear, and for the maximum amount in each gear. Kind of tricking the system in to doin what you want. .

So it never get to full amount in 1st gear , do you really want maximum total nitrous flow in first gear , remember that at 100% , this is maximum amount in high gear with everything in play.

This is developed from looking at data logger graph and applying the maximum amount of nitrous at the fastest rate possible with out stunting the motor or over powering the track condition on the that increment of the run.

I still say go with the WOT switch.......I HAVE a manual, AND have used a progressive type controller......and I would say just stick with the WOT switch...the progressive controller did nothing for me in the lower gears, and by that i mean lower than 6th!!

the NX progressive setup is highly advanced... I've played w/ the software a little, and i'ts an impressive setup.

with that said, unless you're just going all out N'th degree, I would just run a WOT switch and a hobbs switch for safety

Unless you're trying to run a huge shot on a single solenoid, then just stay with the WOT and hobbs switches. Like Ramtd02, I have a manual with nitrous, and it's proven to be quite effective. Saves a lot of money, too! You can have full fueling in every gear, so why wait on the spray to ramp up? You'd end up setting it to ramp so fast that it would be like not having it all....

banshee said:
Unless you're trying to run a huge shot on a single solenoid, then just stay with the WOT and hobbs switches.
I was wondering what a huge shot would be?
All in one shot was how I was intending
to force feed the truck since I have a stick too.
Glad I read this. :) :thankyou2:

not sure what banschee considers huge, but I run 1 stage with a "100" shot , and my second stage @ "100". I think the jet sizes are .064. But i run 2 stages, one set for straight WOT, and the other chimes in @ 9 psi.

How similar is the water meth setup. I'm lookin at buying a snow stage 3. I understand the basic process but I know very little about the actual set-up of it. I have a 6sp and im not sure if I can set-up one stage for basic towing and one for WOT or at a selected boost.

tristan21 said:
How similar is the water meth setup. I'm lookin at buying a snow stage 3. I understand the basic process but I know very little about the actual set-up of it. I have a 6sp and im not sure if I can set-up one stage for basic towing and one for WOT or at a selected boost.
Sorry. Can't help with the stage three.
They weren't available when I bought mine.
Just as well, because the stage two works good.
And I think that's what most of us are running.