Nitrous on manual

Its the one in his sig. I need to learn to shift a nv5600 like that man :bang

Ph4tty said:
Its the one in his sig. I need to learn to shift a nv5600 like that man :bang

if thats the case what did it run on the bottle?

Rubberfish,

I'd consider a "big" or "huge" shot something larger than a .093 solenoind can deliver. Anything larger than that provides a substantial shock to the engine and driveline that is not good IMO. For example, if you are wanting to run a .157 solenoid like Comp mentioned then it would be much safer to either turn it on progressively or use 2 or three stages to turn it on (like Ramtd is doing).

Tristan,

I don't have a stage 3 kit, but a friend of mine does. They work off boost and EGT, and you can set them up to turn on at different levels. They are pretty cool setups.

Robert,

It's been a while since I've ran without the spray, but my best so far is a 13.25 @ 105 and change. I normally run with the spray, though, because it's much more fun :ft:

Im just not sure if im gonna be happy with the little stage 2 screw adjustment thingy. Doesnt sound very accurate. I wonder what it will run to upgrade to the stage 3 setup. I already will have the 150 pump if I buy this kit from this guy that is a stage 2 with the bigger pump.

tristan21 said:
Im just not sure if im gonna be happy with the little stage 2 screw adjustment thingy. Doesnt sound very accurate.
It works quite well. The numbers on the cotroller
may not be bang on, but they do offer you a
guideline to get started. Crank the pump allen screw.
Set the one VR for it to come on at about 20psi.
Set the second one to max out about 35psi.
That way you won't drown it, and any time you're
up at or over 35psi of boost, you'll be getting a
full shot of water/meth. You will want to fiddle
with the settings to get it to run best for your truck.
But these 20 and 35psi settings are a great place to start.
You may want it to come on at 15psi. That's up to you.
That's the fiddling part that can take a few days
to get set exactly to your liking. Meth is money well spent.
Unless you're an irresponsible drug addict. LOL LOL LOL

What should a guy expect from head preassure? I dont have the bones for the studs just yet and wonder how much meth I can run without there being a problem.

Cylinder pressures? Honestly, I couldn't tell ya. :(
You would see an increase in boost levels though.
Depending on your setup, you may see 5 more lbs.
BD says you're good to about 50lbs with a stock
head gasket and no studs. I don't agree with that
statement, but that's another topic. :) I guess that
water/meth is like nos or lpg. If you start force feeding
your motor foreign substances, you're taking your chances. :hehe:

I definately wouldn't recommend running anything more than windsheild washer fluid if you don't have studs.

Thanks Blue, but I have read too much on the DTR about higher concentrations of meth to run anything more. I was just wondering if that was gonna cause me any issues.

Wow 87 posts, yer gettin up there man.

what does just useing washer fluid do? just cools down egt no hp gain.

Washer fluid does have a small amount of meth. Usually around 20% and it's distilled water and it's cheap. The lower temperature it protects to the more meht it's got in it. Just make sure you don't get one that has a lot of detergents in it. Usually the $1.99 stuff works great. It gives a little power and helps with the EGT's.

Another good nitrous thread on compd. I'm tagging this one to keep track.

One question: If when starting with small shots and moving larger, should you be concerned about getting the nitrous pop when coming off the throttle between gears? If you have a WOT switch, will that keep that from happening. By changing shots, I mean when increasing from a 50 shot to a 75 shot, etc.