Nitrous setups for 7.3

GREGROB

CUMMINGS KILLER
Wanted to get some opinions on a nitrous setup for my truck. I want to keep it PMR safe for now, is this even possible with the mods I have plus NOS?

If so, what kind of gains could I get?

Thanks men.

Oh lookie, a new one. :bang

BIGRPOWR said:
don't even bother greg.

Don't discourage him! His nitrous use would make for very entertaining and interesting posts in the future! :drive:

Hammer

TheHammer69 said:
Don't discourage him! His nitrous use would make for very entertaining and interesting posts in the future! :drive:

Hammer

nevermind greg. run it. run a single stage 104 jet! awesome.:woohoo:

Better yet...a big wet shot. LOL

And keep a camera handy...LOL

So is anyone gonna answer my question? Is there a way to do it PMR-safe?

There is an article in Diesel Power where they put it on a stock 7.3, but no chip.

...or would it be one of those things where you would go :doh: :bang :badidea:

I guess if you do a small dry shot...and keep it below the magic 450 HP #....you should be OK.

I read that in Diesel power, and wondered why you would put NOS on a basically stock truck. I think you would be ok with a small jet, but NOS and SAFE aren't always used in the same sentence if you start getting bigger jets.

TheHammer69 said:

Hammer
That's funny Hammer!!:woohoo:
You could probably use a single shot up to a 80 jet with some programing changes.
I probly should have it's own chip position for when you use it with some timing backed out to try to keep the CP's down being when you spray it it is a big enough cyl pressure spike to crack pistons with wrong tuning!:1tooth:

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

Hello,

This is my first post here at Competition Diesel. My Welcome thread is [POST="11693"]here[/POST]. Please post all my welcome message there.

Thanks,
DART505

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

Gregrob,
It's a PMR motor let be, or hell put some real fuel to it then get a turbo and leave the NOS to those who need it! :bang

Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a custom fogger kit that will straighten those rods our for ya....

Guys,

We appreciate your participation on the site , but personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Phil

I don't think that PMR and NOS need to be used in the same sentence. But if the shot is relatively small, you should be ok. Otherwise, new rods should be in short order for you.

Nos? 7.3

I am new member and had been advised my beloved mech Doningo at DJ-Diesel Performance, not to bother with NOS much less Methanaol, he thinks Propane may be my an aswswer. Is a 150 or 175 shot to much on a tired 7.3 w/ 78K on the engine. If I am pleased already and I am getting 70hp inj on 7/10/06. I don't know if i will need NOS if I install the MSD Propoane regulator.I am looking for some kind of balance between efficency of complete burn through EGT Monitoring, and decrease in un burnt fuel and soot discharge. a win , win, win.:thankyou2:

2002 SRW F350 4x2 7.3L PSD with To much to list w/ more to follow:thankyou2:

Last edited:
are you saying a 150-175 HP shot of nitrous? Yeah thatd probably be quite alot on it...

Id stay away from both the NOS and the Pane.:ugh: :frown: Sorry But thats playing with fire. If/when you do your injectors Id leave it at that. If you want more you should get the forged rods and then you can spray it :ylsuper: Why do you say your engine is tired with only 78k on it??Have you been feeding it sand or has it been idling 24/7 ??

Water/ Meth works great on 7.3ls I ran that and it for a long time just stay at 50/50 or less and make sure you don't get huge injectors.