Nitrous & Stock trans

ALLMTR5.0

Disturb The Peace
Bad idea? I know Im asking alot of my trans but I was thinking of maybe a little extra umph for those "special" occasions :evil
I was looking at the NX stacker kit for use with a tuner/chip, they say it adds 50 hp/100 tq.

whatta think?:rockwoot:

only one way to find out. it's not necessarily going to like it tho. get an sct and a good file that'll control the trans good and that'll help a lot. if you don't do anything for the trans, it'll really not like it.

I've been running NOS and a stock tranny with 65K on it for a year, with the looney tune from DJ. Tranny is fine. If its tuned correctly, John wood claims it will hold 600HP and live a good life. Mini me had a stock tranny for a long time. lots of stockers running NOS.

Dalpilot said:
I've been running NOS and a stock tranny with 65K on it for a year, with the looney tune from DJ. Tranny is fine. If its tuned correctly, John wood claims it will hold 600HP and live a good life. Mini me had a stock tranny for a long time. lots of stockers running NOS.
what kind of times are you getting with the looney & NO2?

3 weeks ago i went 12.6's at 105 1/4mi. and last night i went 7.9's in the 1/8th mile. All i have done is exhuast and SCT Looney and a little bit of the gas.

whats a good size shot to start with on basic mods?

Get a nitrous tune and run a .73 jet....and hold on.
Then...get injectors that are too big and run a .110 jet. LOL

*nx* i gotta lift the heads so the dealer will replace the studs for warranty.still puking! then injectors and turbo.

Last edited:
WAO Racing said:
3 weeks ago i went 12.6's at 105 1/4mi. and last night i went 7.9's in the 1/8th mile. All i have done is exhuast and SCT Looney and a little bit of the gas.

that's awesome! whats it run off the gas?!

anyone got any pics were they ran the line in the intake?

50stangpower said:
isnt that faster then normal.... i though it was ab08ut 13 .8/9
It depends who's tunes you have I got a f350 4x4 crewcab,sb,srw with just a sct tuner and intake it went a 13.4 @ 99mph I put on the NOS kit last week i will be going to the truck next week and trying it

50stangpower said:
also do you have head studs?
I don't have the looney track file but I know DJ makes good tunes..I got Arp studs in my truck I put them on because i wanted to get that out of the way because eventually they all puke..