nitrous?

cumminsontheroc

what is the advantage to multi stage kits and when do they come of and turn off? would you put the first stage before or after the intercooler ? what causes nitrous to backfire in a diesel truck ? to much too soon? to much too long? thanks for all the help!
12>24*nx*

i got mine set as one before and one after. one before is on a throttle switch and after on a man. button. oh and sweet truck by the way. saw it at perry i actually got a pic of it on my page haha.

If you bring in the bottle too quickly the truck will either pop or it will snuff out the fire and the truck will die. Having a bunch of stages smooths the hit so you can bring more on gradually. Usually people might have one stage in front of the turbo to help er spool, but the rest will be in the intake stream elsewhere.

powerchoke-eatr said:
i got mine set as one before and one after. one before is on a throttle switch and after on a man. button. oh and sweet truck by the way. saw it at perry i actually got a pic of it on my page haha.[/QUOT

thanks, perry was great. hopefully be there next month! i put mine before the intercooler . it worked great for a few 150' launches then stupid me had to go down the road before i put it away. got into third gear at about 250' at 3500 rpms with 45 #s of boost and boom . pulled back in the yard and it blew the compressor wheel out the side ! not good!
10-15-07014.jpg
10-15-07012.jpg
:banghead:

Ouch! What is your guess at what happened? Oversped the turbo?

it backfired . i had the stock air filter elbow on it with no air box, and when i opened the hood the insulation on the fire wall was on fire! im going to put a smaller shot before the intercooler and one up by the motor but witch one should come on first and how much?

yeah man hope to see ya there. we're takin a couple trucks we just got done down hopefully all the kinks will be worked out. i"ll be sure to come by and holler at ya. seen some used turbos on ebay too if u need a few parts to piece together u know..