nitto tires for pulling

700rmk

Green Behind the Ears
Does anyone run nittos? what is compairable with bfg at or turex sts. dune grappler???need a 34 inch tire and nitto is the only one that comes close.bfg and sts seem to work real good on the tracks around here
thx

I used to run them on my 98 12V twins truck, I'd compare them to a BF all terrain. I liked them....bit good, liked hard tracks best...

Are you all talking about the nitto terra grapplers? Hooked with them a few times in the past and didn't like them expecially on loose tracks. More of a street tire then pulling tire.

I was leaning towards the dune grappler,wasnt sure if there are enough of edges.What about the trail or mud grappler??

Im trying to figure out which tires to pull this year. I have a set of 285/70/17 Mastercraft Cursor C/T, Nitto Terra Grapplers, BFG KM2, and a set of 305/55/20 Pro Comp Xtreme AT all are 75% or better

I got alot of negative feedback from a few members when I got my terra grapplers, but I am very impressed with them so far. They are never packed full of anything. The self cleaning is amazing. I love them so far.

i didnt care for the terra grapplers sled pulling. ive been running a cooper stt but i have wondered how well the dune grapplers would perform compared to a bf goodrich or sts at

I was leaning towards the dune grappler,wasnt sure if there are enough of edges.What about the trail or mud grappler??

Norm Im gonna vote for the STS's.... They seem to work really well on the tracks around here... next choice would be BFG AT's.

Norm Im gonna vote for the STS's.... They seem to work really well on the tracks around here... next choice would be BFG AT's.

I hear yea Buddy, I need something close to 34 inches

I was gonna try mt baja claw bias ply

buddy went back and fourth with the STS's and cut baja claws one year. He would always hook better with the STS's with the clay tracks here in missouri. The Claws liked to dig holes even wore down quite a bit.

I just picked up a set of pro comp x terrains for pullin this year they have about 1/4 tread and are really chopped so i figured they would grab and clear well. Theyre 35s

I just picked up a set of pro comp x terrains for pullin this year they have about 1/4 tread and are really chopped so i figured they would grab and clear well. Theyre 35s

I had xterrains that were worn, if you grind the edges sharp they will do ok. I never was impressed. Went back to an AT.

thats what i have i didnt think they did great still got them 33 12.50s and they r over 75%

buddy went back and fourth with the STS's and cut baja claws one year. He would always hook better with the STS's with the clay tracks here in missouri. The Claws liked to dig holes even wore down quite a bit.

Uh oh, I might have wasted my money cause most of these tracks are clay up here too. Thanks for the info

yeah im gonna grind and cut on them i got em for $50 so if they don work theyll be burnout tires

yeah im gonna grind and cut on them i got em for $50 so if they don work theyll be burnout tires

I think you paid $50 too much. LOL, I mean they would be the easiest DOT tire to turn into a cut tire, but most places won't allow cut tires. They just didn't hook for crap, wouldn't actually get a good bite. Did OK cleaning them selves out in really muddy stuff.

spend the money the first time aroundand buy the STS's been through 3 sets of tires and finally bit the bullet this yeat and bought 33x12.50x17 sts's

Back