No block heater and no "wait to start", connected?

JFlagg

Gun for Hire
I got a buddy that has an 01 and the other day his block heater quit working. We just figured we would get a new element and cord from Cummins and call it good. We haven't yet, but today his "wait to start" light quit coming on. Now, I don't know if his grid heaters are actually working, but I was just curious what he could check if its more than just the dash light? Will the light illuminate if the grid heaters quit? I don't know if he checked the fuses yet, so it might be that easy...

The quickest way to check would be to listen for the grid relays to come on and off before starting.

Also to check to see if the grid heters are coming on drive down the road with your lights on nd usuly when the grid heaters kick in you will lose a few amps and the lights will go dimmers for a secong

Thanks for the tips guys... those are all things I new, just didn't think to tell my friend. I was helping him out via Facebook, lol.

on the block heater mabe just try putting a different 3 prong plug end on it, mine was screwed up there on the end ouside the truck, from thousands of times being plugged in