"no BS" 2.5 max HP

25_zpsdb5d760b.jpg

2.5" is 3.0"
2.6" is 3.6"
3.0" is 4.1"

And to think when a few people recommended smoothbore years ago it was considered a terrible idea...
Except for good ol Fpp. 2.6 is 4.3!

how would you guys word a turbo rule for 2.5 so that is doesn't get way out of hand

how would you guys word a turbo rule for 2.5 so that is doesn't get way out of hand

true 2.5'' Bore very limited MWE mods allowed.

I don't think the wording matters if rules aren't enforced.

Define limited?
"Um you see I have this billet wheel, and I had a cover cast for it. The way I got it has a 0.3" forward facing MWE"

Last edited:

Box charger, with the option to change turbine housing.

The club owns a compressor housing for specified charger. Club's compressor housing must fit competitors charger, and wheel must spin within bore of the club's housing.

Competitor must be willing to swap/exchange their compressor housing for the club's housing at any time with or without reason. (To prevent MWE witchcraft)

That basically limits the class to the s400 then. But I like those rules. I would pull with those rules any day of the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok but what if I want a Garrett? Or a holset? Who supplies the new cover when my wheel grenades?

Box stock charger and chargers must be inspected and sealed like ntpa. Makes inspections easy. Each club can have their own seal. If you pull with someone else then you are up for inspection. Or have a way to get your charger sealed by any clubs you plan to pull with.

Last edited:
Ok but what if I want a Garrett? Or a holset? Who supplies the new cover when my wheel grenades?

Pull 2.6.
Yes it may suck being limited to one manufacturer. Can't have your cake and eat it too. 2.5 is supposed to be a affordable class. Stick with a affordable charger. It may be more expensive than the one that a guy can use off the semi his dad has sitting out back, but the overall/average charger price will stay lower.

As long as it's the same unmodified part number cover that the box charger had, buy it from whoever you want.

Vehicles are limited to two turbochargers. If two turbochargers are used, they must be in a compound configuration with only one atmosphere turbocharger. The atmosphere turbocharger must fit the rules listed below: S-4, GT 42, HX 50, LLY, and turbo of this type is the largest turbo allowed. T-4 mounting flange is the largest allowed. Turbos must be a true 2.5 charger. No clipped wheels or step down covers. Billet compressor wheels are allowed. A single .200 inch MWE groove maximum allowed. Inducer bore must be non-removable. All air must go through the 2.5 inducer bore and the MWE groove. The wheel must protrude into the 2.5 bore 1/8 inch. Turbo will be checked with a 2.505 plug or internal calipers. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making the compressor wheel accessible on the atmosphere turbocharger for the tech personnel to make appropriate measurements. Inducer bore diameter will be measured using a plug or calipers. If the plug fits you will be moved to the appropriate class. Any provisions allowing air to the compressor wheel other than the inducer bore or MWE groove are prohibited The vehicle driver will be responsible for making the compressor wheelhis is how ours reads and some want it to be a box stock turbo class but I dont see how youd word that or tech it. Our rule doesnt read like others

Seems like those rules leave the MWE groove open for interpretation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get why you would allow twins into this class but those rules have 1000HP+ written all over them. I see twins if you state it how cotpc does for 6.4 powerstrokes. With how your rules read you could run a 64 or 66 even over an s475 that the s475 just has a tapered wheel to fit the 2.5 bore and a vertical MWE groove......

Or run a huge secondary charger whatever you want and just waste gate the hot pipe around the primary to not over spin it. That would be interesting curious how that would work.....

None of this matters if no one ever techs!!!!

Last edited:
Back