No Bus code on Odometer?

Everything I've found says bad wiring or bad computer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Check the ground wires from the engine harness to the engine/frame. When i put the 98 12 valve harness in my 99 i had the same thing happen.

X2 ground or cluster itself. Use scanner to run test on the cluster first, go from there.

If you kept the 01 cluster, you will always have a no buss due to the fact there is no ecm with the 12v.
They need the correct inputs from crank and possibly the cam sensors for the tach to work.

Last edited:
All good info, I finally got power on it to get the airdog going and noticed this, for the tach sensor I used the stock on with a Haisley relocation kit so it's in the stock position but with a 01' tone ring on a aftermarket 12V cam. I'll be back home this week and will look at all these issues posted, no tell what else I'm going to find........my 98 is so simple! Funny seeing an 01' with 28,500 on the odometer.

Thanks, Jim

When I swapped the 12v into my 2000 I had to get a 98 cluster. Once I had the 98 cluster with the 98 engine harness and pcm the "no bus" went away.

I looked for some time trying to find one with no luck, guess I'll check all the stuff mentioned, fire it up and see what happens.

Jim

Looks like it is the ground on the pass side, I've got to try and figure out how it is actually suppose to be wired, doesn't help when your working on a truck that someone else screwed with. Thanks for the pointers!

Jim

When I swapped the 12v into my 2000 I had to get a 98 cluster. Once I had the 98 cluster with the 98 engine harness and pcm the "no bus" went away.

Rick, if I were to find a harness will it bolt up at the firewall to the existing harness or is there other issues. Kind of just thinking about it as of now, the no bus light is gone but I still have Check Engine, ABS and Brake lights!

Jim

Rick, if I were to find a harness will it bolt up at the firewall to the existing harness or is there other issues. Kind of just thinking about it as of now, the no bus light is gone but I still have Check Engine, ABS and Brake lights!

Jim

I actually only ran the engine harness from the fuse block on the fender. Then just got a 98 cluster and it all plugged and played. I hope that helps. Jim are you going to be running an auto or manual in the truck?

Jim
I had the same thing when i swapped the 98 harness in to my 99. I had the dealer flash in my vin number into the 98 computer on the firewall and the lights went away.