No bus.... ???

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
On my 04.5 dually Ive been getting a frequient NO BUS error followed my dead gauges.. last a few miles at a tome but might do it 5-6 times over a 50 mile trip.. Ive checked all my connections and havnt found anything to be out of the ordnary.. im also having some other issues that could or could not be connected.
#1 Left rear turn signal stays hot/on all the time.
#2 When i hit the left signal the right one may come on or either may not work at all. have to hit the 4 ways to reset and sometimes only the left will blink.
#3 Fuel gauge is dead.

So far i have changed the TIPM, BCM, Fuel sending unit, Gauge cluster, put in 3 different multifunction switches, swapped steering coulmns compleyely, New ignition switch. Checked all grounds and connections... im at a loss.

Would the ECM have anything to do with my current problems? Thats all i have left besides the wiring harness, (Which has been hacked into by previous owner)... This thing has caused me to about pull my har out..
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Start looking at your wiring harness sounds like there is a shorted wire in there.

On my '01 gas motor when I had "no bus" I had to end up replacing the ECM. I didn't have the turn signal issues though, just the "no bus" message. It wasn't too bad at a little over $300, but I see the diesel one is about twice that.

On my 05 liberty crd it would say no bus and gauges would quit working. It ended up being wires under the drivers seat getting pinched and grounding out.

Check the 3 plugs in the back of Ur cluster. That's what mine was

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Im having problems with horn lights and all kinds of nonsense, I push the horn and it turns the turn signal on. I turn the headlights on and the turn signal dash indictors light up and i cat figure it out either. Ive check and tested my grounds and can't trace a short. I know your pain. I might add though about your rear turn signal, my reverse lights were stuck on and I messed with trailer plug and it fixed it.

Im sure i have a wire backfeeding somewhere on the hot turn signal issue.. The other issues may be the ECM... Hadnt had much time to really look at it lately...

Sounds like the TIPM is shot. Had a truck with jacked turn signals and wipers and that fixed it. It was an 06 though.

Had this issue in my 04. There's a pink wire that goes into the big connector on the driver side firewall that the previous owner spliced into.

Sounds like the TIPM is shot. Had a truck with jacked turn signals and wipers and that fixed it. It was an 06 though.
TIPM has been changed.. no help.

Had this issue in my 04. There's a pink wire that goes into the big connector on the driver side firewall that the previous owner spliced into.

As soon as i get cought up on customer projects i plan on digging through the harness. ill let yall know what i find

Figure anything out yet ? My buddy is having the same exact problem, he's taking it to dealers changed the same things you have and still hasn't fixed it lol.

that screams TIPM to me as well. and the turn signals are TIPM only.

tell me more about this tipm. is it OEM or Dorman? was it flashed or plug and play? i would have it flashed again. a TIPM works similar to a PC network having IP addresses. they can get cross wired in the chipset and it reassigns them randomly.

trust me, I hate them too.

My NO BUS was a loose connection in the gauge cluster.. still havent had time to diagnose the turn signal issue. ive just been dealing with it..

SixOhh
The TIPM is OEM.. swapped with 2 more trucks all OEM same year and trans with no help.. I knew the BCM could be flashed but wasnt sure about the TIPM itself.. Care to elaborate on this a little.

Thanks

the TIPM needs to be flashed to your VIN#. your VIN tells the TIPM every option you have and what your truck really is. i had mine replaced when it was brand new for no tail lights. after the TIPM came in they had to hook it up to a scan tool and then a cat 5 cable to tell it all of my vehicle options.

im on my third TIPM and now i have no dome lights.

so your NO BUS is fixed?

another thing to remember is your cluster stores info from the tipm as well. sometimes a cluster replacement fixes other problems..... i know, i hate it too!

Ever figure this out ? My buddy is having the same exact problem and has tried everything lol.