No cat

Full Pull3

Go Gators
How many people out their removed their Cat's ?
Thinking of doing myne but was told I' ll louse low end T/Q and dont want to louse any power. what do yall think F/P?
Thank you.

took my cat off along time ago.
i dont know if any power is lost or not haha.
because you like hearing it so your foot is in it harder so you think it has more power haha.

Went straight pipe cat back when new. Ditto on the thinking you have more power. It sounds good. Now I have 4" turbo back w/ a Magnaflow muff. It's a bit quieter but spools up a bit quicker and still has a good sound. I thought you had to leave the cat on for warranty reasons? Might want to check your laws. I've had it in many times and they don't seem to care. Maybe just the dealer? If I had to do it again I would go 4" or 5" as soon as I could afford it. If not, the muff delete works for me and is affordable.

yea I hade lost the muffler when I first got her and never looked back .
I rencently Put on a Cat back MBRP system beacues when I tow our travel trailer on long trips it was getting a little old. I love the sound the new Muffler makes and its a stright 4" all the way through.
Some one said that If I remove my Cat The Turbo would take longer to spool and would louse some low end pwr.

I believe there is some truth to that. I ran a straight pipe for a while and didnt notice a loss but since I put a resonator on, I've noticed that I have quicker spool up at lower rpms. My 2 cents.

i am putting my cat on my truck this week
im tired of the droan.
ive tried many different mufflers and cannot get
rid of it.

do you still have the muffler? if your just going to straight pipe the truck, I would keep the cat on, kills the drone, I think

hope this helps

On the '05, we TIG'd the AeroTurbine onto the DP, cleaned out the cat REAL GOOD and welded it on the back of the 4040L... with a 75* SS turndown to keep out the Smog Nazis. :kick:

WUnderwood said:
do you still have the muffler? if your just going to straight pipe the truck, I would keep the cat on, kills the drone, I think

hope this helps

also kills the sweet turbine sound :(