No More Boot Problems For HotRodDiesels!

I don't roll beads on the ends, I actually use say a 1/2" piece of the same size pipe and slip it over the end flush and tig it together, add the hose with Mikalor clamps and I'm done, have blown a hose off in years.

Toolman, nice 8-track and gas pedal, brings back memories.

Jim

When we got to the track it was raining.
The track crew did the best they could to dry the track.
On the 1st pass in the right lane the truck spun the tires at about 1/2 track.
On the 2nd pass in the left lane the truck spun the tires at about 300ft.
Before the final/last pass I had a conversation with Ryan and he told me to look out of the 1/8th mile expansion joint as it was seeping water.
So sure enough it spun the tires at 1/2 track but I pedaled it 3 times and still ran 10.6 on fuel only.
This Texas Diesel Shootout is going to be interesting when we turn the blue bottle on *nx*

Hey David/Snow White, still wanna race LOL

Hey Joe, you gotta be OLD to remember 8 tracks :lolly:
And thanks for the tips.

When we got to the track it was raining.
The track crew did the best they could to dry the track.
On the 1st pass in the right lane the truck spun the tires at about 1/2 track.
On the 2nd pass in the left lane the truck spun the tires at about 300ft.
Before the final/last pass I had a conversation with Ryan and he told me to look out of the 1/8th mile expansion joint as it was seeping water.
So sure enough it spun the tires at 1/2 track but I pedaled it 3 times and still ran 10.6 on fuel only.
This Texas Diesel Shootout is going to be interesting when we turn the blue bottle on *nx*
Hey David/Snow White, still wanna race LOL

Hey Joe, you gotta be OLD to remember 8 tracks :lolly:
And thanks for the tips.

explosion.jpg

What R&D ? I did it this way in 2002 except I opted for a different motor mount attachment.
Michael called me and asked how my truck was set up.
This is eight track tape stuff.

As mentioned the comment does reflect age. But you're still a youngster to me.LOL

We can't all be the thing of Legend, as in "The Joe Hellmann".. But then again "Legend" is usually applied in a historical sense.:poke:

Michael will probably get irritated at me posting these pictures before he is through cleaning, painting, coating and polishing things. But it all looks and performed d@m good.

BTW the intercooler is a beautiful custom made job from "Hellmann Performance" now with a few minor modifications.

Engine piping from the front.

engine-front.jpg

Intercooler to shutoff and intake.

intercooler-shutoff-1.jpg

Drivers side view.

drivers-side-1.jpg

Turbo to intercooler.

turbo-intercooler-1.jpg

Passenger side view.

passenger-side-1.jpg

As mentioned the comment does reflect age. But you're still a youngster to me.LOL

We can't all be the thing of Legend, as in "The Joe Hellmann".. But then again "Legend" is usually applied in a historical sense.:poke:

That has to qualify for an:eek:wned:

Well it survived La.
Now we will see what it will do at the Texas Diesel Shootout July 2nd.
If it runs good and survives that we will see about going to TS July 24th.

But we have got to get bigger chargers on it as we are killing the current ones.
Oh yea, Mark at Columbus diesel is building us a new pump :thankyou2:

Thanks to All that have helped in this motor killing, piston eating, turbo munching, output shaft snapping journey.

Well it survived La.
Now we will see what it will do at the Texas Diesel Shootout July 2nd.
If it runs good and survives that we will see about going to TS July 24th.

But we have got to get bigger chargers on it as we are killing the current ones.
Oh yea, Mark at Columbus diesel is building us a new pump :thankyou2:

Thanks to All that have helped in this motor killing, piston eating, turbo munching, output shaft snapping journey.

I might have a spot for the current pump to live!

Can you play with wastegating the chargers instead of upgrading them? Or would that not go with the "go big or die trying theme"

he's squeezing everything through an internally gated .90 A/R 71mm turbine... there's only so much you can bypass at his power level

we're thinkin' a 1.0-1.10 A/R 74/83 S400 hot side for the secondary stage this winter

I got some of those laying here I should part with...price could be right....

Just saying:D

Engine is looking GOOD with all those v-bands...I like it!

Chris

sounds like a good way to crack a transmission case/bell if the frame flexes between the engine and transmission

correct. I can speak from experience, ALWAYS run a poly mount at stiffest (LOL i said stiffest) due to the flex in the frame (Esp in something with 1000+ Ft lbs of torque)

Last edited: