No overdrive

Warpig

12V killer
Wasn't sure where to post this due to the conversion. I completed the p-pump conversion and drove it normally for a couple of days (it had OD). Last night I decided to test out the new setup. It was running real good, and I decided to see how this new pump would react to a boosted launch. It launched real hard and felt good. Tires spun, and I probably hit 4k or so. After that I noticed that the truck shifted different. My 1-2 shifts occur real quick now, and the truck will not shift into OD. Any ideas??? I used an older 12v TPS and wired a 12v plug into the harness. This TPS is off an old beat truck that we had lying around our shop (maybe beat). Could I have fried the Governor pressure sensor??? At 70mph I am seeing 3k rpm's (I have 410's) which is rather high! Any ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

tranny work time! not the tps buddy quit pickin on my used parts:hehe:

Well it was the OD brake, seal and piston. Aluminum in the pan along with the seal. Guess I have to learn how to drive (respect) a truck with the almighty P-7100.

Well it was the OD brake, seal and piston. Aluminum in the pan along with the seal. Guess I have to learn how to drive (respect) a truck with the almighty P-7100.

Wow, that didn't take you long. Great job, :hehe:

Turn out it was better than I thought. The metal in the pan (shop drain catch all pan) was not from my truck. Inspected the unit today and found no carnage. The seal went and the OD clutches were toast is all. Truck is well again!!!!!

Thanks Ted, hows my little buddy Rob doing?????

Good question, I haven't talked to him in a while. I got some catching up to do with my diesel buddies in the next couple of days, before the holidays.