no speedo

Joker12valve

Just got done putting the trans back in the truck and took it for a ride and no speedo. checked the connection, have 5 volts ref, ok. tried new sensor nothing tried running new wire to the pcm, nothing. everthing else works in the dash,( ac tach etc) just not speedo, not sure if the cruise works, bu the trans shifts fine. dose any one have a pin out sheet/ wire digram. with wire locations and colors? found a few theads but diden't help any, any advice would be great thanks

Did you swap the electronics on the valvebody from the old tranny to the new tranny? In my experience they're year-specific, even though they shouldn't be. Give us more information about your truck, including what tranny was installed.

Check the speed sensor on the top of the transfer case, the wire may have come out in the swap.

Thank you all for the help. I got it fixed monday just diden't have time to post. It truns out that the pin the needle sits on in the speedo was just broke off enought that the needle was hung up on it, but when i tried a new vss it was not clocked right so the new gauge did not work. must not have been thinking at 2:00 am after working on the truck since 8:00am. now everthing works and have been enjoying the new trans since then. thanks for the ideas.