Northeast MA/NH Pulls/Racing weekend Sept 23rd/4th

massdiesel

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Guys here is the info for both Sat pulls in MA Drag racing on Sunday at New england Dragway Truck nationals.

PULLS
Next Saturday's pull will begin at 1pm with registration closing at Noon. As for the class order, I have no clue. Our new president has been changing it up ALL year (he might let you know if you call him). Sometimes a class will run first and then at the next pull it will run last (NO advance warning). The "stock" diesel class will be limited to 8000 lbs, 26" max hitch height, and NO nitrous, meth, or propane. We will be revamping the rules for next year to break up classes, but right now it's run whatcha brung (twins, big tuning, etc.).

The only caveat is that in order to run for points and trophy you must register with the club ($100 plus the $30 hook fee). If not, you can run the "fun class" which is just $30 a hook and bragging rights, and trucks are only LOOSELY teched (if at all).

Interest in diesels has really jumped this year.

As for directions. From any part W, E, or S find route Interstate 91 (via the Mass Pike) then take Exit 19 (Northampton). Turn left at light onto route 9, take your first left (Old Ferry Road), then turn right (Cross Path Road) which will bring you by the horse barns at the Northampton fair. The competitors entrance gate will be at the end of the barns on the right.

From any part N, Take 91 South to Exit 20, Turn left at light (Damon Road), turn right at next light (route 9), take your first left (Old Ferry Road), then turn right (Cross Path Road) which will bring you by the horse barns at the Northampton fair. The competitors entrance gate will be at the end of the barns on the right.

DRAG RACING NEW ENGLAND DRAGWAY SEPT 24TH
New England Dodge Dealers Presents
THE ALL TRUCK NATIONALS... Semi's, Pick ups, Jeeps,etc. are all welcome. Gates open at 8am test and tune at 9
http://www.newenglanddragway.com/schedule/eventdetail/truck.pdf at New England Dragway in Epping NH

Post if your comin so we can see who will be their.Lets see if can get a good turnout for the northeast

scott

Ill know later in the week if I can make it Sun, Im fishing again so I can only make it if its windy on the sea.

I'm going to both the pulls and I'll be there Sunday to help Scott with the truck also. Tempted to race and see what the truck would do, especially since she makes more power today than she did 5 years ago when she was about the only truck in the 12's...but then again, I don't want to get hooked again since I might be selling her.

Look foward to meeting anybody who shows up, please introduce yourself!

You thinkin' about selling Ted? Say it aint so!

I do and I don't, just trying to get some things in order, and having the truck kinda throws a small wrench in there. Then again I'm tired of dumping tons of money into vehicles and selling them, so I'm not sure yet.

Ted, i should be there...gonna talk to me this time? LOL im not going to wear a shirt with my name on it this time either LOL....boy, i sure wish i had a Comp diesel shirt to wear there....HINT HINT ;)

Dom

as long as you stick around longer than 5 minutes :)

maybe I'll even let you wear my Competition Diesel T-shirt :umno:

seriously, if you want my t-shirt, you can have it. I always try to help out anybody with something if I can. So if you want it, its yours. I think its a large, but can check tonight.

i was playin with ya ted, i was just hoping one of the big boys would see my t shirt comment and have a bunch made!! id really like to buy one :)

I know you were, but the offers still there if you should change your mind.

Shoot Phil a PM Dom. I think we have a few now

Pretty decent turn out, considering the weather, and the skies did eventually open up. Didn't meet anybody from the site so not sure if anybody showed. Scott got some decent runs on the truck finally. This was the first time out with the new set up, he was leaving the line pretty easy (around 5 lbs of boost so our 60ft times were only in the 2.2 range) and letting the nitrous come is pretty slow, so the ET's didn't really show what was going on, but the trap speeds of 124 sure did :)

Lots of fast big rigs there, some were running in the 14's which would beat alot of the trucks on this site.

But to be honest, this event is another example of why a NE event may never get scheduled by any Diesel Motor Sports organization. People cry and cry that we don't have events up here in the NE, and then when there is one, nobody shows, and that includes any representatives from the "new" organization that was supposed to correct all this.

You ask me, its a waste of time for DHRA or NHRDA to come up here.

I didn't go, weather was iffy & the truck was not worth running. Something is wrong with the frontend so 4x4 launches were out of the question & right now driving in the rain is just scary anyways.

It was a tough weekend for the race to be scheduled on with the the NE gettogether in CTthis weekend & them racing at Lebanon Valley today.

:poke: Scott,
How did the shakedown passes turn out? 124mph in the traps, and a soft launch with 2.2 sixties?? Good things to come for sure from that rig.:Cheer:

ob1kobi said:
But to be honest, this event is another example of why a NE event may never get scheduled by any Diesel Motor Sports organization. People cry and cry that we don't have events up here in the NE, and then when there is one, nobody shows, and that includes any representatives from the "new" organization that was supposed to correct all this.

You ask me, its a waste of time for DHRA or NHRDA to come up here.

Ted, I read, and re-read your obviously pointed jab towards me, and I can understand your anger.... BUT,

I first seen a thread listing this event on the TDR on 9-17. Then it was posted here on 9-18. Do you think that less than a weeks timeframe is feasible to put the word out on this event? And on two threads?? Talk about not advertising this with force!! Had there been more ample time to make the arrangements then my appointment with my chassis shop who requested I come down so they can fit me to my Pro Mod chassis, might have- big MIGHT HAVE, been rearranged. ( Ted what did you expect of the associations to do anyhow, for an event that's not theirs? )

The N.E.'s biggest Diesel Nationals was held at Englishtown, and even though I didn't run, I went out, along with the thousands of other people, to watch this event, as a spectator. And what a show it was!! Too bad you guys couldn't make it down, y-all missed a pretty good show.....

We'll all have to wait and see what the future holds for us northeasterners as far as diesel motorsports events.............

Back