Northeast MA/NH Pulls/Racing weekend Sept 23rd/4th

I had full intentions on going but I woke up to rain sat and sun. Knowing that rain and drag racing dont mix, I did not feel like driving an hour to stand in the rain to look at show trucks.
I think it's more of a weather issue than a non support issue

Scott did anyone take any pics or vids of this event? I know you guys musta had your hands full in the pits, just asking....

RacinDuallie said:
Ted, I read, and re-read your obviously pointed jab towards me, and I can understand your anger.... BUT,

I first seen a thread listing this event on the TDR on 9-17. Then it was posted here on 9-18. Do you think that less than a weeks timeframe is feasible to put the word out on this event? And on two threads?? Talk about not advertising this with force!! Had there been more ample time to make the arrangements then my appointment with my chassis shop who requested I come down so they can fit me to my Pro Mod chassis, might have- big MIGHT HAVE, been rearranged. ( Ted what did you expect of the associations to do anyhow, for an event that's not theirs? )

The N.E.'s biggest Diesel Nationals was held at Englishtown, and even though I didn't run, I went out, along with the thousands of other people, to watch this event, as a spectator. And what a show it was!! Too bad you guys couldn't make it down, y-all missed a pretty good show.....

We'll all have to wait and see what the future holds for us northeasterners as far as diesel motorsports events.............

My jab wasn't at you specifically, but I understand how you could take it that way since your the NE director of the NHRDA. It was at the organization as a whole cause they did toot there horns pretty loudly when they announced that they were going to "rescue" or "come to the aid of" the unrepresented NE drag racers. Since then, I haven't seen, or heard of, a single thing at all, other than an attempt at getting people to join.

I don't expect the associations to do anything for an event that isn't theirs, but I do expect the organizations to show some kind of interest in the people at those events, whether it be in an official status or not. An unofficial representative just wearing a DHRA or NHRDA T shirt walking around talking to the racers would do wonders.

My point is that there was an organization that said it would create a different atmosphere for us here in the NE that may sometimes feel slighted by the DHRA, yet nothing has changed. I still believe the DHRA is the best thing going as far as Diesel competition is concerned.

Sorry that you couldn't make it, but none of the events in the NE are advertised that well, most of the advertisement is from people who are going to the race and want to see if anybody else is gonna be there, not from the racetrack or there sponsors. But just as most races out there, this race is held around the same dates every year.

I have said from day one, it doesn't matter to me cause I'm not gonna be a member, but I know there are others who won't speak up with these same concerns.

RacinDuallie said:
Scott did anyone take any pics or vids of this event? I know you guys musta had your hands full in the pits, just asking....

I know we tried to get some video of Scott, but the wind was blowing from behind the truck, so you couldn't see much of the truck past the launch due to all the smoke (remember its p-pumed now so it smokes alot more) and with the soft launchs previously mentioned, there wasn't much to see there.

Ted I was at E-town wearing my NHRDA shirt talking to people about it as well.

I have yet to get the final schedule from the powers that be.... But on the advertising notion- E-town was advertised with caravan threads on the sites and fliers distributed out and radio and television spots? Looked like a dang good sized crowd there til the wee hours too.......

Sat. enroute to Vanishing Point, which is in Telford,Pa. It was raining the entire trip out there, and on the way home dark clouds were threatening a repeat. I also see where 2 pulls got rained out and rescheduled. . . . . ??????

Last edited:
ob1kobi said:
I know we tried to get some video of Scott, but the wind was blowing from behind the truck, so you couldn't see much of the truck past the launch due to all the smoke (remember its p-pumed now so it smokes alot more) and with the soft launchs previously mentioned, there wasn't much to see there.

Sure -but Mass Diesel wasn't the only truck making passes right?? :poke: :poke:

Englishtown is a whole different animal cause its not in the North East, and of course you woud go to that one, you live fairly close to it don't you?

I know you don't have the schedule yet, but I hope an NHRDA event at Englishtown isn't going to be the answer to the issues those in the NE areas have, as it isn't going to be any better then what we already have.

RacinDuallie said:
Sure -but Mass Diesel wasn't the only truck making passes right?? :poke: :poke:

nope, but since it seems like we were the only ones that made it to the event, so unless somebody else did and hasn't spoken up, then thats your answer. :bang :bang :bang

ob1kobi said:
Englishtown is a whole different animal cause its not in the North East, and of course you woud go to that one, you live fairly close to it don't you?

I know you don't have the schedule yet, but I hope an NHRDA event at Englishtown isn't going to be the answer to the issues those in the NE areas have, as it isn't going to be any better then what we already have.

NJ is a part of the Northeast is it not?:confused: Maybe not as far north as y-all but still. :poke: And yes I do live fairly close.

It was cloudy with spotted showers that morning of the E-town event, but we still headed out. With a hour or so drive compared to a 7+ hour drive up to the event that you obviously are dissappointed in the turnout..... Again, that event is not associated with the 2 associations........

RacinDuallie said:
Sat. enroute to Vanishing Point, which is in Telford,Pa. It was raining the entire trip out there, and on the way home dark clouds were threatening a repeat. I also see where 2 pulls got rained out and rescheduled. . . . . ??????

The pulls we attended on Saturday went off as advertised, rain threatened for most of the day, but it never started. The races at the drag strip were on Sunday, not Saturday. The track isn't known for its drying abilities after rain storms, so we packed up and left, but they mave have continued the races, I'm not sure.

Ted I can understand your anticipations and frustrations on the lo turnout numbers, but I'm stepping back now as I don't want this to become a pissing match............... Again sorry for the low turnout numbers, hopefully the weather will be more forgiving next time 'round.:thankyou2:

RacinDuallie said:
NJ is a part of the Northeast is it not?:confused: Maybe not as far north as y-all but still. :poke: And yes I do live fairly close.

It was cloudy with spotted showers that morning of the E-town event, but we still headed out. With a hour or so drive compared to a 7+ hour drive up to the event that you obviously are dissappointed in the turnout..... Again, that event is not associated with the 2 associations........

I wouldn't consider NJ as North East at all, its Mid Atlantic just like Delaware, MD, Virginia etc are considered.

I understand that the event isnt associated with either of the two associations, but my point is that one of the associations raved at how they were going to make sure the NE was represented, yet nothing has changed. I can understand not wanting to drive 7+ hours when theres a chance of rain, thats EXACTLY what the NE racers go through with every single event, you've just proved my point for me. This is why we want races in the North east, so we don't have to drive 7+ hours all the time.

ob1kobi said:
I wouldn't consider NJ as North East at all, its Mid Atlantic just like Delaware, MD, Virginia etc are considered.

I understand that the event isnt associated with either of the two associations, but my point is that one of the associations raved at how they were going to make sure the NE was represented, yet nothing has changed. I can understand not wanting to drive 7+ hours when theres a chance of rain, thats EXACTLY what the NE racers go through with every single event, you've just proved my point for me. This is why we want races in the North east, so we don't have to drive 7+ hours all the time.

Ted, when I have the final schedule in my hands for the EAST/Northeast/ Mid Atlantic( call them what you want) I'll make sure the word is spread on these events and you can be sure I'll attend these events rain or shine.:woohoo:

RacinDuallie said:
Ted I can understand your anticipations and frustrations on the lo turnout numbers, but I'm stepping back now as I don't want this to become a pissing match............... Again sorry for the low turnout numbers, hopefully the weather will be more forgiving next time 'round.:thankyou2:

I know its turning into a pissing contest, and that not what I wanted either, so I will also step off my soap box as well.

The weather for this event has been the same for the last 4 years, I made the trip up from MD specifically for this race the previous two years, and it got rained out both, so I will never expect the weather to be any different now, lol.

The turnout for the race, as far as participants was great, if you've never seen a full siz big rig running mid 14's at 98 mph down the 1/4 then you need to make it to one of these events :woohoo:

Yes at E-town I was impressed with the times the bigger rigs were making! Quite cool for their size and weights!!

I hope now you guys were able to use the track time ya had to sort out any issues, and locate any other potential issues. How's the p-pump conversion performing? Have you guys put the mad tune on it yet?

I didnt go up this year because of the weather and because my truck isnt on the road right now but I have been to this event time it runs for the last 3 or 4 years. It did seem to get better every year except when it freakin rains.

As far as the issue of NE diesel events goes, I dont know if this event can even count since its a "truck day", not a "diesel day". I'd really like to see an all diesel event happen at NED.

Back