Nos wet vs dry

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Can somebody explain to me the difference in wet and dry NOS systems, and what the pros and cons are for both. This is my next mod. My Tech said my head gaskets are good, and he can't replace them till they blow. I want to put my studs in at the same time, then I can build the system a bit. I figure NOS is a pretty good way to go, I just don't know squat about it.

dry is in the intercooler or intake, i belive wet shoots it directly into the cylinders with more fuel as well... I could be wrong though im not positive

Dry means you spray only nitrous which is the ONLY way you can do a diesel.Wet means you are spraying Fuel & nitrous which is only Gasoline applications to keep the fuel mixture correct.They do have small dry kits available for some fuel injection gas applications.:ylsuper:
Also if you don't have a fair amount of fuel (smokin) it will not make a differense.

Last edited:
Actually DJ sells a wet kit for the 6.0, and he runs it on mini me with great success.

..ever seen a gas engine melt? Just have your mix ALL WRONG and hit the button early. LOL I don't believe you need worry about that on a Diesel. :bigsmile:

im sorry but that comment about no wet systems on a diesel is BS u can run a wet system on a diesel why do u think that u cant run a wet system? the only issue that i have read about is puddling of to much fuel but thats corrected with nozzles... so

You use a fogger jet and tap it into the fuel bowl in your engine bay. It is sopposed to work really well I have been thinking about trying it but havn't had a chance yet. Some people say " how would you control timing" but you don't need to because the fuel would only come in when the intake valve was open. The real question i have that I haven't been able to get answered is what if you ran it without nitrous? Would the current destablized fuel cause the combustion seq. to still occur? Would it work almost like a smallinjector upgrade? I mean you wouldn't be useing a whole lot that is why I was wondering. I guess what it comes down to is I have seen people use these kits but I have never seen anybody take a truck with SCT and dyno it, then do it with NOS, Then with the wet NOS kit. I think that would help alot of people understand how it works alot better. And I just want some more damn power without putting injectors on lol. If you think about it if you already had a nos kit you could just buy the fogger upgrade and go from there. So please if someone could throw some numbers out there so I and tons of other people can figure out if this is the upgrade for them, Because everythime someone talks about a wet NOS kit there never say how much power the fuel gave them just the dry NOS.

lol, ever heard of a deisel running away? a so called wet setup is exactly that, how would you control the ignition timing that way? can you say extremely high combustion pressures and broken rods? Please give me a link to one of these so called wet diesel kits.

trailrunner said:
lol, ever heard of a deisel running away? a so called wet setup is exactly that, how would you control the ignition timing that way? can you say extremely high combustion pressures and broken rods? Please give me a link to one of these so called wet diesel kits.

Not a link to a kit but here is a link to DJ's forum so you can ask all the questions you want.
Like Tim said, DJ does use a wet system

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63

So Dalpilot,

Have you done any testing yet to see what she'll do yet or what?
I just put a Digi-Set box on mine and figured i'll just wait to try it out when we get another fill bottle around. Don't want to be caught sleepin if you know what i mean. I hope to see some where around 8.0's with the .073jet i hope but if not then oh well there's always that next step up.

I ran it yesterday for the first time, but DJ erased my PCM, and we started from scratch. The nitrous was never used, not from a lack of trying, since the freakin brand new switch I had was bad, and I didn't get it replaced till the track closed for the evening. Was planning to do some tuning, and run the spray today, but got rained out. Best I ran all weekend was a 13.9, not too bad considering I had 2 coolers, 2 intercoolers, the tool box, and really no tuning time. After feeling the .073 jet hit on the access road, I would expect low 13's, but who knows. Gonna do some tuning, and try again.

we need more posts on peoples nitrous setups w/ some times

with the wet system people are probably injecting water meth or something, i highly doubt its diesel fuel.

No its diesel fuel that they are injecting. Injecting Water Meth, with Nitrous would most likely have a very bad result.

Dalpilot said:
Injecting Water Meth, with Nitrous would most likely have a very bad result.

Noooo...some people do it all the time. No real negative draw back to this set up as I am working on mine as we speak. The water only cools the charge air. Nitrous has a dual effect in which it cools the charge air...which the water does too but nitrous also adds oxygen in to the mix. Thats why people who are over fueled and run nitrous gain so much hp when they use it nsince they are burning up all the excess fuel.

Richard