Not deployed, but getting Awarded from my last deployment

Diezel Dawg

Banks Hater!
Well, i just found out Wednesday that i am finally getting my medal from my deployment in Afghanistan a year ago. It took one long year for it to finally get approved. I all but gave up on this, didnt think it would ever go thru.

So anyway, my 1st Sgt calls me into his office Wednesday and tells me the Base wants to present it to me, i said, "thats good." He said "here is the big part. The base wants to present it to you on Veterans Day at the Spokane Arena." Apparently there is a big Veterans Day Event at the Arena that day, and they want to present me with my BRONZE STAR!!!! To those of you outside of the military, this is a pretty big deal, and for them to do this in a big stage like this is going to be even more special. So, any of you locals want to show up, you are more than welcome. the more the merrier. Not sure on the time of this, i will post that up as soon as i find out. I was originally under the impression i was going to receive a Meritorious Service MEdal, but apparently it got upgraded. I had no clue til a couple days ago

I am an Air Force Vehicle Mechanic and was deployed last year with Army Special Forces, we were the first group of Air Force Mechanics to be deployed with Special Forces in Afghanistan. It was truly an honor to work with them, great group of guys.

Congrats, and thanks for your service!

Is it with a "V" or without a "V"?

Thank you for your serivce to this great country and congrads on the bronze star. :clap:

congrats bud. what sf group/ team were you attached to? could have been with me or some of my buddies depending on the time frame. thanks for the support

Back