not starting

jwp130

we couldnt go for three
truck started loping at idle about 3 months ago. then slowly started harder, last weekend she started for the last time on her own. i can get it to run by hand pumping, but only for 10 to 15 sec. any thoughts?

I'll try to help you get some answers with some more info.

Start with the simple stuff...how long since the last fuel filter?

Have the injectors ever been replaced? You might want to check balance rates.

sounds like you got a leak down somewhere. i have an lb7 dump and when the twin tanks go to **** and i run out of fuel it wont even start until i can barely push that pumper....that or like white tail said, check ur filter.

now it only runs for a few secs hand pumping? not letting it sit....if it sits and will fire again prob a filter....(gelled fuel will do exactly that to me in the super cold)

Could be the CP3 pump or the regulator. Loping is a tall tale sign of a bad regulator.

i had the injectors replaced about 10,000 miles ago. im not getting any codes. my first thought would be the fpr, but since there are no codes im not sure. the loping idle sure does sound like the fpr. would that make it start harder then normal? also ive got no other signs of injectors going bad. no codes, no fule in oil, no smoke at idle. just changed the fuel filter about 200 miles ago. replacing with a new one today. also a new bleeder screw.

Wonder what the chances are it being a cracked filter base ? How tight did you put on that last filter ?

changed filter, wif, and bleeder screw. starts now. lopes at idle, wondering if the fpr is bad, and its just not throwing codes? for the filter i use a rubber strap to tighten by hand.

Back