Not sure TDI guys fit in here

Welcome! I have a 2011 TDI Jetta. I'm pretty sure I've never broken the speed limit with it... :Cheer:

Paul

My 96 did as well. 65>80 mileage dropped but cruising between 90-95 seems to put them in a sweet spot....built for the autobahn!

about 38mpg is what the bone stock 06 with 2 people and some luggage got. Granted there was a lot of passing and re-accelerating around inconsiderate douche bags unwilling to look in their mirror prior to cutting me off to get that 38mpg. I figured, no other cars to deal with, 42mpg@90 is possible.

about 38mpg is what the bone stock 06 with 2 people and some luggage got. Granted there was a lot of passing and re-accelerating around inconsiderate douche bags unwilling to look in their mirror prior to cutting me off to get that 38mpg. I figured, no other cars to deal with, 42mpg@90 is possible.

The time I tried it was Sunday afternoon cruise on I79 from Clarksburg WV & I68 east into MD. Traffic was minimal and as close as I could guesstimate it got 40mpg

I take the freeway pretty much everywhere and average about 75 on it and get 42mpg typically. I blow a lot of smoke and accelerate way too hard and still get that.

top speed on a standard 5th gear TDI is only about 140 at 5000rpm.

I take the freeway pretty much everywhere and average about 75 on it and get 42mpg typically. I blow a lot of smoke and accelerate way too hard and still get that.

top speed on a standard 5th gear TDI is only about 140 at 5000rpm.

You need to add in a date on a calendar and a location a few states away when you talk about top speed on a TDI. A reference is required. ;-)

In theory, 140 is possible in my truck with the tire and gearing and what not. I have yet to find the opportunity to do so. 130's many times.

My gps said 146 when I handed that 2010 911 Twin Turbo his A$$ :)

But that was the rev limit in OD.. Nothing left.

Well kinda like a well handled fire cracker with a short fuse.. LOL

Not bad at all really.. But my trucks all stock suspension and ride height.

YES! These dodges are surprisingly very very stable at speed, even with a little turn. However, after going to the nitto 420s' for the summer and back to the AT's. W T F was I doing?!?!?! L O Lz! Yeah, you couldn't just slam on the brakes at 130 with the A/T tires, it would become a handful then. But with the 420s, slam-away!

I'm going to lower the rear 1.5" when I install the cal-tracks this winter. hoping the rear gets under a little better control with a little more weight bias to the rear.

Well kinda like a well handled fire cracker with a short fuse.. LOL

Not bad at all really.. But my trucks all stock suspension and ride height.

I thought you were talking about your car...being this is a car thread! Yeah some of us own and drive cars! LOL

I thought you were talking about your car...being this is a car thread! Yeah some of us own and drive cars! LOL

LOL

You must have missed the "handed the 911 twin turbo Porsche has A$$" comment then!! lol

I know TDI's can be modded but I've doubt they ever be 911 TT fast.. lol

My TDI is stock and SLOW! :)

Back